+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

I can't help but see how strikingly similar Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are. Of course Eli has the 2 rings but both are wildly inconsistent but come crunch time, including playoff time, these 2 always show up. I would love to one day see these 2 go at it in a Superbowl.

Both even have similar nicknames- Joe Cool and Easy E.

Veteran
    oh snap, the people on this board will we coming after you.

Manning to Tyree------MVP
    Manning to Manningham-------MVP
    Flacco to ??????????--------???

To be continued.....

I don't understand why people would be coming after me. Yes i know Eli has the rings but Flacco i believe will play very well in the Superbowl and help his team win it all.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    I don't understand why people would be coming after me. Yes i know Eli has the rings but Flacco i believe will play very well in the Superbowl and help his team win it all.
    Some people don't think Eli is in the same class as Flacco but more like Brady lol. But I agree with you Flacco has played great this year.

At least we know the formula for getting to the Super Bowl...just proclaim your an elite QB (Eli, Joe) before the season the starts and your a lock.

I agree with the OP. Flacco has that look this year. Very cool and calm. He interviews better though and has a stronger arm. But some of the passes he threw yesterday reminded me of Eli for sure.

I actually feel like this is the Giants 07 season for the Ravens. QB in 4th season, Superstar on defense retiring, Solid run games, underdogs in the SB. Eli beat Favre @ home in the playoffs, Flacco beat Manning / Brady @ home on the way... Flacco actually just broke Eli's road W record in the postseason. And both got the "elite" thing labeled to them and were criticized about it.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-21-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Flacco has turned his team around starting with the Giants win! if he does win the superbowl i can see the similarities of getting on a good run and finishing!

Flacco did replace Eli as the winningest "road warrior" qb!

All-Pro
    He is a very good QB but people on this board are threatened by this because it may put him in the same class as Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He is a very good QB but people on this board are threatened by this because it may put him in the same class as Eli.
    and what class would that be?

+ Reply to Thread