+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    They played more inspired than they did during regular season but both those SuperBowls were dictated by our offense. This Ny Giants defense relies on our offense to tailor their game to make up for our defenses softness and lack of conditioning."I know Eli will hold the ball and take his time and keep RG III on the sidelines" - Justin Tuck
    they were 9-7 last year. Seems both sides of the ball played inspired in the SB and playoffs...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    If I tell you you don't want to bring up the 2007 SB because it actually helps the pro Eli case, would you believe me?
    I'm feeling telepathic. You will say that Eli kept potent New England offense off the field by eating up clock.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I'm feeling telepathic. You will say that Eli kept potent New England offense off the field by eating up clock.
    When they lose its the defenses fault. When they wins its all because of Eli. Don't you know this?

I hope Flacco and the Ravens can pull this off....And yes they are both similar....big-time clutch quarterbacks in BIG games and both get zero respect outside of their respective fanbase's

Little Joey has to win in two weeks, then we will consider, he has stepped up his game for sure. Not a big Raven fan after 2000 season but would love to see them ram it down the 49ers throat.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    We'll just add that to the long list of things you have been wrong about.

I hesitate to tell you, since the answer is so team oriented, but the truth is the truth.

What happened in week 17 when they met and why was the SB so different from that game?

The answer...Both defenses made masterful adjustments to the other team.

There is a fantastic clip of a play NE ran in week 17 verses the same exact play in the SB.
    In week 17, Mitchell was in the middle, and when the ball was snapped, he backed into coverage. In front of him was a gaping hole that lead straight to Brady.

In the SB, NE ran the same play. Mitchell took two steps back, and when the same exact hole opened up, he went right after Brady. BOOM

NE made adjustments also...and by NE, I mean Bill B, the defensive play caller. NE's plan, as it always is, was to take away the biggest threat--in this case, it was Eli.

Both defenses did great jobs, and I will easily and completely agree that the Jints did better job...a much better job.

But...in the end, Brady was Brady, and late in the 4th, he drove down on that great D and scored. No shame in that. No fault in that. It felt like destiny to me.

Then Eli needed to do something that had never been done before, and he needed to do it against a team that had not lost a game all season.
    And did they ever bring the heat! They mixed up the coverage. They were making plays.

But it wasn't enough.

Eli kept his cool and became the only QB to make that drive to score a game winning TD when only a TD would do it.

See how I credited both the Giants D and the NE D? The haters just credit the Giants D without remembering how Eli tore into in week 17 and how one of the best defensive football minds came up short in his plan to stop him.

PS...Don't throw the helmet catch/luck thing out at me...it will just end poorly for you.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    When they lose its the defenses fault. When they wins its all because of Eli. Don't you know this?
    Sigh..see above.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan

All-Pro
    Didn't both games end with the Giants on defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Didn't both games end with the Giants on defense?
    Didn't you know?....It was Eli who inspired that planting of Tom Brady by Alford.
    It was Eli that distracted Brady when Tuck stripped the ball at the end of the half.
    It was Eli who inspired the 5 sacks and 19 knockdowns.
    It was Eli who caused the Pats to have their running game snuffed.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Didn't you know?....It was Eli who inspired that planting of Tom Brady by Alford.
    It was Eli that distracted Brady when Tuck stripped the ball at the end of the half.
    It was Eli who inspired the 5 sacks and 19 knockdowns.
    It was Eli who caused the Pats to have their running game snuffed.
    well that says it all right there Eli= goat......welcome back MH !...now behave yourself !!

+ Reply to Thread