+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He was the most important factor in our win last season.2007 was a championship won primarily by the defense.
    They held the greatest offense to well under their average score. Even Burress knew the defense would dominate that game.

All-Pro
    Didn't you know?....It was Eli who inspired that planting of Tom Brady by Alford.It was Eli that distracted Brady when Tuck stripped the ball at the end of the half.It was Eli who inspired the 5 sacks and 19 knockdowns.It was Eli who caused the Pats to have their running game snuffed.
    Didn't realize he played defense. He really is the entire reason why they won.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    he will never grasp that. or in sb 42, how we essentially turned it into a 3 quarter game with us starting up by 3 points with that record longest time opening drive...and i love how buddy always tries talking up our d to knock eli down a few pegs all the while completely ignoring the FACT that in the sb 42 yr, NE had the better defense. in sb 42, eli was hit almost as much as brady...
    No more than you talk down our D to prop up Eli.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    In SuperBowl XLII our defense gave up the lead in 4 th quarter and Eli then led our offense to a score to win game. Eli Manning opening the game with a drive that took 9:59 off the clock was what set the tone for that game and was the main reason NE Patriots didn't score till 2nd quarter.In SuperBowl XLVI our defense gave up 17 points in 21 minutes and was bailed out by Wes Welker. Eli Manning and NY Giants offense keeping Tom Brady on tue sidelines for almost 38 minutes was The Best defense that day.Peyton is 1and done 8 times in post season. This last one is all on him for the loss with that lame overtime pick as was the pick 6 in SuperBowl against Saints. Eli Manning may not be a better overall QB than Peyton Manning but he far surpasses him in post season.
    Our Defense gave up the lead? So? What are they supposed to do, hold one of the best offenses in the history of football to 7points? I don't caer about when or what, i care that our defense only gave up 17 and 14 to NE.. Bottom line is we were underdogs in both games, and in both games NE's Team over was way way higher then what they ended up with, and our Team over was also higher, which we did not get.. I mean, its not rocket science, that our defense is the only reason we even had a chance to make those great 4th qter drives.. Normally, NE would of had way more points on the board, and it woulden't even matter if we scored when we did..

Obviously ELI played well, and its not like we su-cked on offense by any stretch, but its way more of a team effort, and i feel that without our defense playing like they did, none of that other stuff has a chance to happen..

Didn't you know?....It was Eli who inspired that planting of Tom Brady by Alford.
    It was Eli that distracted Brady when Tuck stripped the ball at the end of the half.
    It was Eli who inspired the 5 sacks and 19 knockdowns.
    It was Eli who caused the Pats to have their running game snuffed.
    Even through all our defensive efforts, we still needed some crazy "luck" catch by David Tyree to win that game.. As amazing as our defense played, we still needed luck by our offense to pull it off..

I was alittle annoyed Justin Tuck didn't get MVP in 2007 SB... I thought he was most desrving...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Even through all our defensive efforts, we still needed some crazy "luck" catch by David Tyree to win that game.. As amazing as our defense played, we still needed luck by our offense to pull it off..

I was alittle annoyed Justin Tuck didn't get MVP in 2007 SB... I thought he was most desrving...
    I thought Tuck should have gotten the award too. If for no other reason then to acknowledge the tremendous job our defense did in that game.
    But you know how sports writers are. They will always give it to the winning QB when they drive for a late, winning score. Even if it was the defense's performance all game long that gave him that opportunity.

Now the 2011 SB?....Yes that MVP was well earned by Eli.

Eli deserve Superbowl MVP cause he really had nobody but Burress. Tuck had Strahan and Osi around that line. .

Banned
    I thought Tuck should have gotten the award too. If for no other reason then to acknowledge the tremendous job our defense did in that game.
    But you know how sports writers are. They will always give it to the winning QB when they drive for a late, winning score. Even if it was the defense's performance all game long that gave him that opportunity.

Now the 2011 SB?....Yes that MVP was well earned by Eli.
    It's just like the Heisman trophy. They mind as well just call it the QB & RB Award and occasionally WR.

Banned
    Don't be scared to respond... I know I'm always right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Eli deserve Superbowl MVP cause he really had nobody but Burress. Tuck had Strahan and Osi around that line. .
    So Brandon Jacobs, Chris Snee, Amhad Bradshaw, Steve Smith, Amani Toomer, Sean O'Hara and David Tyree missed the bus to the game?

+ Reply to Thread