+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 182

Thread: Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Comrade Morehead,

    We are all aware of you belief that all quarterback are equal, and that you can simple sub out any quarterback at any time and the Proletariat will get the same glorious results. The individual does not matter; only the collective.

    Fun fact from Morehead: Montana is just as good as Leif.

    And by your massive distortions about Comrade Ben, Comrade Brady and First Secretary Montana I see you used to work for Pravda. Comrade Ben and Comrade Montana both started the drive knowing a FG would send it into overtime. True they scored, but General Eli remains the only one who had to score a TD and did it.
    You simply and completely made up the Brady stuff out of whole cloth. Both time no where near fit the description of what General Eli did (or Comrade Ben and First Secretary Montana).
    I honestly thought you were Gumby there for a second.

    And way to twist what the Manning boys said. They didn't say it was easier to score a TD than a FG (something that every school child is taught on the collective).
    They were talking about the mindset going in, not that it was easier to drive 88 yards than it is to drive 50ish. Knowing that you had to score made it easier on you mentally, because you didn't need to do the calculations, you just had to score.

    Big, big difference.

    It's not that it's silly to say "Eli did it", it's silly to argue that he didn't. I never said it was all Eli, I just said to give him credit for what he factually did and what is recognized world wide as having been done by Eli.

    Comrade Morehead...it is you that is rejecting the glorious reality.

    Dasvidaniya,

    Delicreep
    This post was pretty funny, but now i distort/fabricate things? C'mon Deli, you're better than this.

  2. #162
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,368
    This is boring.

  3. #163
    I find it amazing and quite unfair that a thread like this lasts way longer than the Peyton is better than Eli thread I made a few weeks ago.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I find it amazing and quite unfair that a thread like this lasts way longer than the Peyton is better than Eli thread I made a few weeks ago.
    Replace Sanchez with Peyton and it will be even longer. The problem is that posting Peyton is better than Eli is something that most people already know and accept. Mention Flacco however, and Eli fan boys will begin to seethe.

  5. #165
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This post was pretty funny, but now i distort/fabricate things? C'mon Deli, you're better than this.
    Most recent example? You attempted to pass off an irrelvent Tebow stat, and and when I called you on it, you literally and hilariously said a friend told you it was true.
    This space for rent

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Most recent example? You attempted to pass off an irrelvent Tebow stat, and and when I called you on it, you literally and hilariously said a friend told you it was true.
    No more so than reading an article that states random facts also. Unless, you actually spend the time and background check every fact that is spit out these days, we are all guilty of it. It so happens that I trust that person who told me the "fact". And because i couldnt' find it doing a google search, doesn't make it untrue. It is what it is.

    When it comes to Tebow, those folks do their homework. I'll take their word everytime.

    Edit: And really, i could have just told you I knew it to be fact. But, I assumed you would be able to take the fact that I "assumed" maybe incorrectly, as an honest mistake. And not something i needed to use to further my point. Heck, I could have used any of those Tebow records contained in that link.

  7. #167
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Maybe you can refresh my memory.....
    Why is it your view that I think all QB's are the same?

    BTW...... you get big time style points from me for a creative post
    Comrade Morehead,

    I don't see how you have any choice.

    The second you say that not all QB's are the same and that they are in fact capable of great individual performances, then you have lost this kerfuffle.
    This space for rent

  8. #168
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Most recent example? You attempted to pass off an irrelvent Tebow stat, and and when I called you on it, you literally and hilariously said a friend told you it was true.
    Yes but Good 'Ol Morehead did no such thing.
    And it IS easier to move the ball when you need a TD. Teams are willing to trade yards for seconds much more easily when they know you need a TD than need to get into FG range. Quite honestly, that's a no brainer my tovarich. (Oops!!!! ........... I mean my friend)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #169
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    No more so than reading an article that states random facts also. Unless, you actually spend the time and background check every fact that is spit out these days, we are all guilty of it. It so happens that I trust that person who told me the "fact". And because i couldnt' find it doing a google search, doesn't make it untrue. It is what it is.

    When it comes to Tebow, those folks do their homework. I'll take their word everytime.
    You will take their word for it every time despite me pointing out how it didn't even come close to resembling a fact?

    Kinda pointless engaging you, wouldn't you say?
    This space for rent

  10. #170
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Comrade Morehead,

    I don't see how you have any choice.

    The second you say that not all QB's are the same and that they are in fact capable of great individual performances, then you have lost this kerfuffle.
    You do not get to use the word "kerfuffle" in such a frivolous way.
    No one in their right mind would suggest that players aren't capable of great individual performances. What I would say is that objective stats are a inaccurate way to measure those performances. Since they are effected so much by so many other factors. (Game conditions, defense, quality of WR's, O line etc......)
    AND.......
    the point of performance is to win games. the stats obtained are not (in my view) accomplishments by themselves.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts