+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No. But your characterization of Eli's play in the playoffs is WAY overstated. His play last year in the playoffs was very good, but hardly the greatest of all time. Its not like we went out and scored a ton of points. As a matter of fact, our offense with Eli as our QB has only scored more than 24 points once in the playoffs.
    That's hardly "unmatched" in NFL history.
    "Moving the ball between the 20's".. isn't hard in today's NFL.
    Well, beating a 16-0 team in 2007 and going on the road and winning in Green Bay and San Francisco in playoffs and then leading the offense in keeping one of The Greatest QBs in history of NFL on the sidelines for almost 38 minutes in SuperBowl is great.

I am going to call it like it is. Eli Manning overall is not an ELIte QB. He is damn good but is not ELIte during regular season. However, with the exception of Tom Brady, he far surpasses the “ELIte” QBs like Peyton, Aaron and Drew in postseason by a mile. I will take that any Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    I can't help but see how strikingly similar Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are. Of course Eli has the 2 rings but both are wildly inconsistent but come crunch time, including playoff time, these 2 always show up. I would love to one day see these 2 go at it in a Superbowl.

Both even have similar nicknames- Joe Cool and Easy E.
    Nope cause he doesn't have a big brother to be in a shadow of. As for the way they play, maybe so

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Well, beating a 16-0 team in 2007 and going on the road and winning in Green Bay and San Francisco in playoffs and then leading the offense in keeping one of The Greatest QBs in history of NFL on the sidelines for almost 38 minutes in SuperBowl is great.

I am going to call it like it is. Eli Manning overall is not an ELIte QB. He is damn good but is not ELIte during regular season. However, with the exception of Tom Brady, he far surpasses the “ELIte” QBs like Peyton, Aaron and Drew in postseason by a mile. I will take that any Sunday.
    I don't see how he surpasses Peyton in postseason? Why, because hes WON 1 more SB then him? Peyton brings his team to the postseason every yr, and we have yrs we don't make it all togther, and Peytons never been on a team, one would consider the Defense a real strength, unlike the giants with there vaunted pass rush.. I mean, didn't teh broncos just lose in 1st rd even though they scored like 30plus pts?

If not for our defense, we don't beat NE once, let alone twice.. And this is 2 take away nothing from ELI as a player, but holding NE to 17points and 14points is the only reason we won those games.. Thats like ridiculously good against NE in the SB..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't see how he surpasses Peyton in postseason? Why, because hes WON 1 more SB then him? Peyton brings his team to the postseason every yr, and we have yrs we don't make it all togther, and Peytons never been on a team, one would consider the Defense a real strength, unlike the giants with there vaunted pass rush.. I mean, didn't teh broncos just lose in 1st rd even though they scored like 30plus pts? If not for our defense, we don't beat NE once, let alone twice.. And this is 2 take away nothing from ELI as a player, but holding NE to 17points and 14points is the only reason we won those games.. Thats like ridiculously good against NE in the SB..
    People want to rip the defense for playing bad this year and they are right. When they shut down the greatest offense of all time it was all Eli. Lol. Does he play defense now?
    Last edited by Buddy333; 01-23-2013 at 07:54 AM.

No
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post

The New York Giants did all of those things. Not one player.

This is what you guys are having a difficult time with.
    Our football team beat the Pats and went on those great playoff runs. Our team knocked Tom Brady on his *** 19 times in SB 42. Our football team picked up a 4th and one on that last drive. Our football team held the Pats to 17 points last year. Our football team drove down the field to win both those games.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

My buddy is a Ravens fan so I watch a lot of Ravens games. I've been thinking the same for the last few seasons.

All-Pro
    People can hate on him all they want but he is a good QB and he fact they had not made the Super Bowl until this season was not his fault. He has played well in the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't see how he surpasses Peyton in postseason? Why, because hes WON 1 more SB then him? Peyton brings his team to the postseason every yr, and we have yrs we don't make it all togther, and Peytons never been on a team, one would consider the Defense a real strength, unlike the giants with there vaunted pass rush.. I mean, didn't teh broncos just lose in 1st rd even though they scored like 30plus pts?

If not for our defense, we don't beat NE once, let alone twice.. And this is 2 take away nothing from ELI as a player, but holding NE to 17points and 14points is the only reason we won those games.. Thats like ridiculously good against NE in the SB..
    dude no offense but theres so much wrong with this post. for 1, 8x peytons been bounced in the first game of the playoffs, of those 8x (it might even be 11),5 were as the #1 seed homefield advantage.

denver had a top 5 defense, and is light years ahead of our d at the moment. and the sb that he did win, that postseason, the defense and run game is what winning those games, not peyton.

further, peyton has more losses than wins, and altho peytons played 20 playoff games, has only a couple more postseason victories and 1 less SB.

Further, the SB peyton actually did win, he threw more ints (7) than tds (3) and iirc, he actually has a negative TD:INT ratio...in virtually every measurable aspect, eli surpasses peyton in postseason play its kind of a fact...and while we have missed the playoffs, we've never had a losing season. and eli's first 5 seasons as a starter, we made the postseason. the past 4 yrs have seen the ups and downs, but that goes way beyond eli...

Eli putting up better numbers than Peyton in the post season is just as obvious as Peyton putting up better numbers during the regular season. In other words, Eli raises his game another level while Peyton folds like a lawn chair when the competition gets tougher.