+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The New York Giants did all of those things. Not one player.

This is what you guys are having a difficult time with.
    Our football team beat the Pats and went on those great playoff runs. Our team knocked Tom Brady on his *** 19 times in SB 42. Our football team picked up a 4th and one on that last drive. Our football team held the Pats to 17 points last year. Our football team drove down the field to win both those games. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE QUARTERBACK WAS--IF YOU HAD PLUGGED IN THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE, THE RESULTS WOULD HAVE BEEN EXACTLY THE SAME, BECAUSE IT'S A TEAM GAME
    So if I understand you correctly, the sentence I inserted in upper case is correct.

That, sir, is communism.
    This space for rent

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't see how he surpasses Peyton in postseason? Why, because hes WON 1 more SB then him? Peyton brings his team to the postseason every yr, and we have yrs we don't make it all togther, and Peytons never been on a team, one would consider the Defense a real strength, unlike the giants with there vaunted pass rush.. I mean, didn't teh broncos just lose in 1st rd even though they scored like 30plus pts? If not for our defense, we don't beat NE once, let alone twice.. And this is 2 take away nothing from ELI as a player, but holding NE to 17points and 14points is the only reason we won those games.. Thats like ridiculously good against NE in the SB..
    In SuperBowl XLII our defense gave up the lead in 4 th quarter and Eli then led our offense to a score to win game. Eli Manning opening the game with a drive that took 9:59 off the clock was what set the tone for that game and was the main reason NE Patriots didn't score till 2nd quarter.In SuperBowl XLVI our defense gave up 17 points in 21 minutes and was bailed out by Wes Welker. Eli Manning and NY Giants offense keeping Tom Brady on tue sidelines for almost 38 minutes was The Best defense that day.Peyton is 1and done 8 times in post season. This last one is all on him for the loss with that lame overtime pick as was the pick 6 in SuperBowl against Saints. Eli Manning may not be a better overall QB than Peyton Manning but he far surpasses him in post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    People want to rip the defense for playing bad this year and they are right. When they shut down the greatest offense of all time it was all Eli. Lol. Does he play defense now?
    If I tell you you don't want to bring up the 2007 SB because it actually helps the pro Eli case, would you believe me?
    This space for rent

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    People want to rip the defense for playing bad this year and they are right. When they shut down the greatest offense of all time it was all Eli. Lol. Does he play defense now?
    No. However, Eli Manning and NY Giants offense controlling ball for almost 38 minutes was The Best defense in SuperBowl XLVI.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't see how he surpasses Peyton in postseason? Why, because hes WON 1 more SB then him? Peyton brings his team to the postseason every yr, and we have yrs we don't make it all togther, and Peytons never been on a team, one would consider the Defense a real strength, unlike the giants with there vaunted pass rush.. I mean, didn't teh broncos just lose in 1st rd even though they scored like 30plus pts? If not for our defense, we don't beat NE once, let alone twice.. And this is 2 take away nothing from ELI as a player, but holding NE to 17points and 14points is the only reason we won those games.. Thats like ridiculously good against NE in the SB..
    Eli Manning has also never been on a team with a defense that would be considered a strength.

[QUOTE=BuffyBlueII;669102]Eli Manning has also never been on a team with a defense that would be considered a strength.[/QUOTE
    ]except they stepped up like Eli did in the post season.....so the D was a big factor.
    Thas why its a team game and not a one man show
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The New York Giants did all of those things. Not one player.This is what you guys are having a difficult time with.Our football team beat the Pats and went on those great playoff runs. Our team knocked Tom Brady on his *** 19 times in SB 42. Our football team picked up a 4th and one on that last drive. Our football team held the Pats to 17 points last year. Our football team drove down the field to win both those games.
    Our football team that was led by our QB, Eli Manning. Our QB that won SuperBowl MVP both times.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli Manning has also never been on a team with a defense that would be considered a strength.
    except they stepped up like Eli did in the post season.....so the D was a big factor.Thas why its a team game and not a one man show
    They played more inspired than they did during regular season but both those SuperBowls were dictated by our offense. This Ny Giants defense relies on our offense to tailor their game to make up for our defenses softness and lack of conditioning.

"I know Eli will hold the ball and take his time and keep RG III on the sidelines" - Justin Tuck
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-23-2013 at 02:15 PM.

All-Pro
    No. However, Eli Manning and NY Giants offense controlling ball for almost 38 minutes was The Best defense in SuperBowl XLVI.
    How did they get to hold the ball that long?

All-Pro
    They played more inspired than they did during regular season but both those SuperBowls were dictated by our offense. This Ny Giants defense relies on our offense to tailor their game to make up for our defenses softness and lack of conditioning."I know Eli will hold the ball and take his time and keep RG III on the sidelines" - Justin Tuck
    Shutting down the Patrioys was because of the offense? So the. Who's fault is it this year because the offense couldn't score in the red zone and had many 3 and out.

+ Reply to Thread