+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Although the Patriots offense was ranked no 1, their defense was ranked no 4 and the Giants defense was lower than them. Eli did not play against scrubs, plus considering everything on the line for the Patriots, I'd say it was a ballsy game from Eli and I am not sure why people were expecting it to be a blowout. The Patriots were great both sides of the ball in 2007. The most that defense gave up was in the last week of the regular season when Eli went toe to toe with Tom Brady and scored 35 points against them. By the way, the last time we lost the Super Bowl, Ray Lewis was the MVP.

If I can summarize Ernie Accorsi's scouting report about Eli in one word, that word is CLUTCH. We traded for Eli so he'd bring us a Super Bowl, and he got us TWO with 2 different sets of receivers. The second set of receivers were homegrown, pretty much unknown until 2011. We went to two super bowls with mostly home grown talents and rookies and beat the best teams out there with 16-0 and 15-1 records. Although consistency may be nice, I want someone who can bring home the trophy given half a chance. Otherwise, Tony Romo I believe has better stats and one postseason win and Alex Smith barely throws interceptions if he throws at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Although the Patriots offense was ranked no 1, their defense was ranked no 4 and the Giants defense was lower than them. Eli did not play against scrubs, plus considering everything on the line for the Patriots, I'd say it was a ballsy game from Eli and I am not sure why people were expecting it to be a blowout. The Patriots were great both sides of the ball in 2007. The most that defense gave up was in the last week of the regular season when Eli went toe to toe with Tom Brady and scored 35 points against them. By the way, the last time we lost the Super Bowl, Ray Lewis was the MVP.

If I can summarize Ernie Accorsi's scouting report about Eli in one word, that word is CLUTCH. We traded for Eli so he'd bring us a Super Bowl, and he got us TWO with 2 different sets of receivers. The second set of receivers were homegrown, pretty much unknown until 2011. We went to two super bowls with mostly home grown talents and rookies and beat the best teams out there with 16-0 and 15-1 records. Although consistency may be nice, I want someone who can bring home the trophy given half a chance. Otherwise, Tony Romo I believe has better stats and one postseason win and Alex Smith barely throws interceptions if he throws at all.
    The Pats defense was old and wore down towards the end of the season. The reality is that they didn't play especially well down the stretch. Including the SB.
    Our defense however raised their game tremendously and put pressure on Brady that he had not come close to seeing all season.
    And please stop with this silliness that one player provided us with a SB victory. It flies in the face of everything we know about the NFL.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The Pats defense was old and wore down towards the end of the season. The reality is that they didn't play especially well down the stretch. Including the SB.
    Our defense however raised their game tremendously and put pressure on Brady that he had not come close to seeing all season.
    And please stop with this silliness that one player provided us with a SB victory. It flies in the face of everything we know about the NFL.
    Did I say one player won the Super Bowl? We're talking about Super Bowl MVP which you are holding against Eli in 2007? I'm saying he deserved it and a defensive player won it before, it was after all the last time we lost. There is no excuse to not tackle him with like 4 people on his face considering you're chasing history. The Patriots were not clutch less than 2 minutes before the end of the game and with everything on the line.

By the way, the game before that, Patriots held the Chargers to 12 points. Did not sound they were too banged up. The score was 21-12. The Chargers gave up one more TD than the Giants, so that offense could be held to less than their 36 points a game, but then the defense gave up only 12 points. Rivers anyone?

All-Pro
    So Brandon Jacobs, Chris Snee, Amhad Bradshaw, Steve Smith, Amani Toomer, Sean O'Hara and David Tyree missed the bus to the game?
    Lol.

Banned
    I know other positions win MVP but for the most part it's given to either of the big 3 on offense just like the Heisman. That's if you were referring to my comment. Eli came up big in that 4th quarter against New England which I think nullified anybody else's chance of winning the MVP. Our defense on the other hand came up big the whole entire game besides that go ahead drive by New England. That game in my opinion was one of the best TEAM performances I ever seen... from the rookies to the vets to the coaches calling the plays. Tuck imo should've won but whatever... it is what it is and Eli wasn't a horrible choice.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 01-23-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I know other positions win MVP but for the most part it's given to either of the big 3 on offense just like the Heisman. That's if you were referring to my comment. Eli came up big in that 4th quarter against New England which I think nullified anybody else's chance of winning the MVP. Our defense on the other hand came up big the whole entire game besides that go ahead drive by New England. That game in my opinion was one of the best TEAM performances I ever seen... from the rookies to the vets to the coaches calling the plays. Tuck imo should've won but whatever... it is what it is and Eli wasn't a horrible choice.
    If he did not come up big in the 4th quarter, there would be no Super Bowl MVP discussion by a Giant right now. LOL! It could have been Tom Brady regardless of how crappy he played that game or how he was totally flustered. Final score 14-10.

Banned
    If he did not come up big in the 4th quarter, there would be no Super Bowl MVP discussion by a Giant right now. LOL! It could have been Tom Brady regardless of how crappy he played that game or how he was totally flustered. Final score 14-10.
    Lol you're right and I guess that's why he won and it's justified.

Did I say one player won the Super Bowl? We're talking about Super Bowl MVP which you are holding against Eli in 2007? I'm saying he deserved it and a defensive player won it before, it was after all the last time we lost. There is no excuse to not tackle him with like 4 people on his face considering you're chasing history. The Patriots were not clutch less than 2 minutes before the end of the game and with everything on the line.
    Yes....Actually you did....

If I can summarize Ernie Accorsi's scouting report about Eli in one word, that word is CLUTCH. We traded for Eli so he'd bring us a Super Bowl, and he got us TWO with 2 different sets of receivers
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Yes....Actually you did....

If I can summarize Ernie Accorsi's scouting report about Eli in one word, that word is CLUTCH. We traded for Eli so he'd bring us a Super Bowl, and he got us TWO with 2 different sets of receivers

Well, all that meant to say was that he is CLUTCH and he can close out the game when needed to bring home the trophy, which he did twice both in the last two minutes and winning 2 Super Bowl MVPs along the way, one which you would like to discount. Hey, if trophies were easily won, then how come none were won since the 1990 and before 2007? It's not like we did not get a chance, you could not say the 2000 Giants were not better in the regular season than these last two who won. The 2000 Giants were 12-4 after all. Eli did not make boneheaded mistakes in his two postseason runs, he had amazing stats and that's what counted. We brought him here because the scouting report basically summarized in one word that he's clutch, which to me means postseason success and bringing home a trophy when given a chance, no more than a chance that 9-7 team who got out scored all season long deserved, and more certainly not against the best team ever that played the regular season.

For someone who hated to be misquoted or misinterpreted, you seemed to have no problem doing the same thing.
    Last edited by AllHailEli; 01-23-2013 at 08:42 PM.