+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 182
  1. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    No more so than reading an article that states random facts also. Unless, you actually spend the time and background check every fact that is spit out these days, we are all guilty of it. It so happens that I trust that person who told me the "fact". And because i couldnt' find it doing a google search, doesn't make it untrue. It is what it is.

    When it comes to Tebow, those folks do their homework. I'll take their word everytime.

    Edit: And really, i could have just told you I knew it to be fact. But, I assumed you would be able to take the fact that I "assumed" maybe incorrectly, as an honest mistake. And not something i needed to use to further my point. Heck, I could have used any of those Tebow records contained in that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    You will take their word for it every time despite me pointing out how it didn't even come close to resembling a fact?

    Kinda pointless engaging you, wouldn't you say?
    Huh? I mean as in if they say something, I will assume that it is in fact true, unless proven otherwise. You haven't shown me that the thing I said about Tebow was untrue. You merely asked me if I knew for sure.

    And, I edited my original post. I really was giving you the benefit of the doubt in that you would take things the correct way.

  2. #172
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes but Good 'Ol Morehead did no such thing.
    And it IS easier to move the ball when you need a TD. Teams are willing to trade yards for seconds much more easily when they know you need a TD than need to get into FG range. Quite honestly, that's a no brainer my tovarich. (Oops!!!! ........... I mean my friend)
    Comrade Morehead,

    They are willing to trade some yards, not all 88 in one shot. When you get close, the other team tightens; it takes more time and effort to get to that point with a TD.

    Still easier to score a FG than a TD; probably why they count for different number of points.

    And you are no Gumby: the Eli thing is like a religion to him.

  3. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Comrade Morehead,

    They are willing to trade some yards, not all 88 in one shot. When you get close, the other team tightens; it takes more time and effort to get to that point with a TD.

    Still easier to score a FG than a TD; probably why they count for different number of points.

    And you are no Gumby: the Eli thing is like a religion to him.
    Absolutely. Like a moth to a flame.

  4. #174
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Comrade Morehead,

    They are willing to trade some yards, not all 88 in one shot. When you get close, the other team tightens; it takes more time and effort to get to that point with a TD.

    Still easier to score a FG than a TD; probably why they count for different number of points.

    And you are no Gumby: the Eli thing is like a religion to him.
    They do but its easier to get down there. Then when you have Plaxico to leave Ellis Hobbs' jock strap at the goal line for an easy TD pass, we have our victory. (Oh yeah, that blitz pickup by BJ was awesome as well)
    Get well soon 80.

  5. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Replace Sanchez with Peyton and it will be even longer. The problem is that posting Peyton is better than Eli is something that most people already know and accept. Mention Flacco however, and Eli fan boys will begin to seethe.
    It must be so easy to scoff at a 2-time Super Bowl MVP knowing that before him Dave Brown and Danny Kanell brought 5 Super Bowls between them to the Giants. How the heck can you surpass those glory days? Don't you miss the celebration of being able to throw snowballs on the field like the good old days to show our appreciation to the team? Forget Canyon of Heroes and ticker tape parades, throwing snowballs was classic.

  6. #176
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    It must be so easy to scoff at a 2-time Super Bowl MVP knowing that before him Dave Brown and Danny Kanell brought 5 Super Bowls between them to the Giants. How the heck can you surpass those glory days? Don't you miss the celebration of being able to throw snowballs on the field like the good old days to show our appreciation to the team? Forget Canyon of Heroes and ticker tape parades, throwing snowballs was classic.
    Do I sense a bit of sarcasm in your tone?
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    They do but its easier to get down there. Then when you have Plaxico to leave Ellis Hobbs' jock strap at the goal line for an easy TD pass, we have our victory. (Oh yeah, that blitz pickup by BJ was awesome as well)
    yeah ur right. that gw drive in sb 42 was totally easy bc we needed a td lol wowza's...

  8. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Do I sense a bit of sarcasm in your tone?
    You meant to say this is not the alternate universe? Cuz it sure feels like a twilight zone. I could have sworn we have 9 or 10 Super Bowls mostly won in the 90s that's why he can scoff at a QB with only two Super Bowl MVPs.

  9. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah ur right. that gw drive in sb 42 was totally easy bc we needed a td lol wowza's...
    and by comparison, in sb 46, when a fg would have won it, you're right it was a much much more difficult drive...i dunno how bradshaw even got in the endzone with NE defending the field much more tightly...

  10. #180
    but all kidding aside, i have to believe the % of converting on a gw FG is much higher than the % of converting a needed TD to win...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts