+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Huh? I mean as in if they say something, I will assume that it is in fact true, unless proven otherwise. You haven't shown me that the thing I said about Tebow was untrue. You merely asked me if I knew for sure.

And, I edited my original post. I really was giving you the benefit of the doubt in that you would take things the correct way.
    So...If I may paraphrase?

"Look, I'm gonna say a lot of things and make a lot of claims, and cite a lot of facts, and they may or may not be true. If someone tells me something that backs up my point, it's not really my responsibility to make sure it's right; It's my job to repeat it as though it were true. Things I say are facts may in actually only be facts to certain people, and in a way, isn't that more important than them actually being facts?"
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Huh? I mean as in if they say something, I will assume that it is in fact true, unless proven otherwise. You haven't shown me that the thing I said about Tebow was untrue. You merely asked me if I knew for sure.

And, I edited my original post. I really was giving you the benefit of the doubt in that you would take things the correct way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    So...If I may paraphrase?

"Look, I'm gonna say a lot of things and make a lot of claims, and cite a lot of facts, and they may or may not be true. If someone tells me something that backs up my point, it's not really my responsibility to make sure it's right; It's my job to repeat it as though it were true. Things I say are facts may in actually only be facts to certain people, and in a way, isn't that more important than them actually being facts?"
    Now you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. You can't seriously have gotten the above from what I said.