+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 182

Thread: Is Joe Flacco the AFC version of Eli Manning?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I feel I have failed you. I clearly have not gotten my point across to you.

    Let me try it in the least subtle way possible: If the birds win, you are literally be deluged with talking head after talking head basically saying that 97% of your posts about Eli are dead wrong, and that Eli has a status you absolutely deny, decry and defy.

    That's the part I personally am finding entertaining; that and the fact that you know it's coming.

    If the birds loose...wow, will you hear about "being clutch".

    See...I am on the other side; not an "Eli is elite" guy, but smart enough to see that the dude is special.
    Hold on. Do you even know what my stance on Eli is? What would I be wrong about? Don't get me mixed up with other people. My only judgement on Eli is this: Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers.

    And I've been saying this for years.

    You may not believe it, but as long as the Giants win, I don't give 2 craps about Eli - if he's elite, top 5, top 10, or whatever. I have 0 emotional attachment to him. What draws me to Eli conversations is the same kind of thing that draws me to people defending Tebow or Sanchez.

  2. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    At least we know the formula for getting to the Super Bowl...just proclaim your an elite QB (Eli, Joe) before the season the starts and your a lock.
    Apparently not?

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Well I think it is a no brainer if we all had to choose. Have the statistically best QB in NFL and don’t win SuperBowl or have a QB that is not near the statistical top but rises to the occassion, is The Best in postseason and wins SuperBowls. I go with the SuperBowl wins each and every time.

  4. #54
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Hold on. Do you even know what my stance on Eli is? What would I be wrong about? Don't get me mixed up with other people. My only judgement on Eli is this: Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers.

    And I've been saying this for years.

    You may not believe it, but as long as the Giants win, I don't give 2 craps about Eli - if he's elite, top 5, top 10, or whatever. I have 0 emotional attachment to him. What draws me to Eli conversations is the same kind of thing that draws me to people defending Tebow or Sanchez.
    It is fair to say that if any thread is about how great Eli is, you will appear (and post repeatedly) and set the record straight about how Eli "Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers. And I've been saying this for years."

    I'm simply amused by the fact that all your years of hard work to educate the masses about the "real" Eli is going to not simply be ignored by every talking head; it's about to be completely and utterly disputed and discredited repeatedly on a world wide stage.

    And here's a tip for you: anytime anyone says that they 0 emotional attachment to someone, and then spends literally 90% of their time talking about them, they might not be very honest about how they feel.

    For heavens sake, you say you don't care about Eli and yet your signature is two articles related to the guy! The Joker is less obsessed with Batman than you are with Eli

    Trust me, if you were in my place, you would find it hilarious.
    Last edited by Delicreep; 01-22-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan

  5. #55
    people are so quick with the knee jerk reactions. just 2 month ago ppl were questioning if flacco was a legit franchise qb lmfao!!

    and before this year, it wasnt even close between the 2. Flacco had his best year to date and it was about the same level as Eli's regular season this year lmfao!...i swear, sometimes i feel like certain posters here are shill autobots put in action by deragned computer nerd eagles fans...

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It is fair to say that if any thread is about how great Eli is, you will appear (and post repeatedly) and set the record straight about how Eli "Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers. And I've been saying this for years."

    I'm simply amused by the fact that all your years of hard work to educate the masses about the "real" Eli is going to not simply be ignored by every talking head; it's about to be completely and utterly disputed and discredited repeatedly on a world wide stage.

    And here's a tip for you: anytime anyone says that they 0 emotional attachment to someone, and then spends literally 90% of their time talking about them, they might not be very honest about how they feel.

    For heavens sake, you say you don't care about Eli and yet your signature is two articles related to the guy! The Joker is less obsessed with Batman than you are with Eli

    Trust me, if you were in my place, you would find it hilarious.
    and look for a thread hes in that ISNT about eli lmfao...ur post is 1000% correct. gumbys one argument that was tough to argue was his whole "the majority disagree with you" logical fallacy...but now, even the majority realize how talented and elite eli is, even after a down yr.

  7. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It is fair to say that if any thread is about how great Eli is, you will appear (and post repeatedly) and set the record straight about how Eli "Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers. And I've been saying this for years."

    I'm simply amused by the fact that all your years of hard work to educate the masses about the "real" Eli is going to not simply be ignored by every talking head; it's about to be completely and utterly disputed and discredited repeatedly on a world wide stage.

    And here's a tip for you: anytime anyone says that they 0 emotional attachment to someone, and then spends literally 90% of their time talking about them, they might not be very honest about how they feel.

    For heavens sake, you say you don't care about Eli and yet your signature is two articles related to the guy! The Joker is less obsessed with Batman than you are with Eli

    Trust me, if you were in my place, you would find it hilarious.
    I don't get why you keep referencing media analysts and their opinions as if what they assert have any validity and prove any real insight. In fact, the more they make any claim, the more comfortable I feel believing the opposite.

    I think Flacco is very comparable to Eli and can throw deeper and scramble better. And I'm sure Raven fans would not trade for their QB for Eli, particularly after watching the game they had against each other this year. I consider that to be the best barometer in this rather subjective sport that requires so many variables to successful play of whether one player is definitively better than the other. Would the majority of the other teams fans trade their player for yours? In a league where all that matters to the fan are players that will help your team win, thats the best test.

    Most Browns fans would trade for Eli. Most Ravens wouldn't. Feel confident saying Eli is better than the Browns QB and let that be enough for you.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It is fair to say that if any thread is about how great Eli is, you will appear (and post repeatedly) and set the record straight about how Eli "Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers. And I've been saying this for years."

    I'm simply amused by the fact that all your years of hard work to educate the masses about the "real" Eli is going to not simply be ignored by every talking head; it's about to be completely and utterly disputed and discredited repeatedly on a world wide stage.

    And here's a tip for you: anytime anyone says that they 0 emotional attachment to someone, and then spends literally 90% of their time talking about them, they might not be very honest about how they feel.

    For heavens sake, you say you don't care about Eli and yet your signature is two articles related to the guy! The Joker is less obsessed with Batman than you are with Eli

    Trust me, if you were in my place, you would find it hilarious.
    Oh. I definitely have 0 attachment towards Eli. His fans however, I absolutely adore. I love talking Tebow almost as much as I do Eli for the exact same reason. And it has 0 to do with the player.

    There's something fascinating about blind faith.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and look for a thread hes in that ISNT about eli lmfao...ur post is 1000% correct. gumbys one argument that was tough to argue was his whole "the majority disagree with you" logical fallacy...but now, even the majority realize how talented and elite eli is, even after a down yr.
    Uhm. There's no disputing that Eli is talented nor that he's a top QB in this league. I have never said otherwise.

  10. #60
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    I don't get why you keep referencing media analysts and their opinions as if what they assert have any validity and prove any real insight. In fact, the more they make any claim, the more comfortable I feel believing the opposite.

    I think Flacco is very comparable to Eli and can throw deeper and scramble better. And I'm sure Raven fans would not trade for their QB for Eli, particularly after watching the game they had against each other this year. I consider that to be the best barometer in this rather subjective sport that requires so many variables to successful play of whether one player is definitively better than the other. Would the majority of the other teams fans trade their player for yours? In a league where all that matters to the fan are players that will help your team win, thats the best test.

    Most Browns fans would trade for Eli. Most Ravens wouldn't. Feel confident saying Eli is better than the Browns QB and let that be enough for you.
    Your missing the point: I don't care about the media analysis in the slightest. It will however be like a 1,000 nails on a giant chalkboard to Gumby, and that I find hilarious and satisfying.

    Oh wait...he doesn't care. He's said so in about a thousand posts.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts