+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 182
  1. #61
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It is fair to say that if any thread is about how great Eli is, you will appear (and post repeatedly) and set the record straight about how Eli "Eli is inconsistent, inaccurate, and inefficient - relative to his peers. And I've been saying this for years."

    I'm simply amused by the fact that all your years of hard work to educate the masses about the "real" Eli is going to not simply be ignored by every talking head; it's about to be completely and utterly disputed and discredited repeatedly on a world wide stage.

    And here's a tip for you: anytime anyone says that they 0 emotional attachment to someone, and then spends literally 90% of their time talking about them, they might not be very honest about how they feel.

    For heavens sake, you say you don't care about Eli and yet your signature is two articles related to the guy! The Joker is less obsessed with Batman than you are with Eli

    Trust me, if you were in my place, you would find it hilarious.
    Another explanation would be that he's like me. Maybe he likes Eli just fine and roots for him with all his being, (like I do) but his problem isn't Eli, it's those who worship him and have an unrealistic view of what kind of player he is.
    Which is actually fine until they lash out at those who see him as a good, yet flawed QB.....And say so here.

    Just spitballing here.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #62
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Another explanation would be that he's like me. Maybe he likes Eli just fine and roots for him with all his being, (like I do) but his problem isn't Eli, it's those who worship him and have an unrealistic view of what kind of player he is.
    Which is actually fine until they lash out at those who see him as a good, yet flawed QB.....And say so here.

    Just spitballing here.
    You don't want any of this. I usually stay out of these, but until the SB, I will enjoy myself.

    By the way...how would you "realistically view" a 2 time SB MVP, holder of multiple regular season, playoff and SB records?

    Edit...just for fun, I will begin each reply with a record or accolade that Eli has
    Last edited by Delicreep; 01-22-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    This space for rent

  3. #63
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    You don't want any of this. I usually stay out of these, but until the SB, I will enjoy myself.

    By the way...how would you "realistically view" a 2 time SB MVP, holder of multiple regular season, playoff and SB records?
    I care that my team won 2 SB's. I'm glad that our QB played an important part of that. But these are TEAM wins. These are TEAM SB's,
    Our teams are made up of players, some better than others, who play together and have been able to go on two great SB runs.

    And as for records like "most yards in the first quarter" or "longest opening drive" or whatever (I made those up) ....I say who the hell cares. Those kind of things mean nothing.
    But putting those things aside and talking about our QB....I say he's a fine young man and a very good player. He has been a part of two historic playoff runs and he has been a part of some horrible play by our team as well.
    I'm a Giants fan. I was for 40 years before we won our SB in 07. And God willing, I will be in 40 more years. And we'll probably be arguing about THAT QB when it happens.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #64
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I care that my team won 2 SB's. I'm glad that our QB played an important part of that. But these are TEAM wins. These are TEAM SB's,
    Our teams are made up of players, some better than others, who play together and have been able to go on two great SB runs.

    And as for records like "most yards in the first quarter" or "longest opening drive" or whatever (I made those up) ....I say who the hell cares. Those kind of things mean nothing.
    But putting those things aside and talking about our QB....I say he's a fine young man and a very good player. He has been a part of two historic playoff runs and he has been a part of some horrible play by our team as well.
    I'm a Giants fan. I was for 40 years before we won our SB in 07. And God willing, I will be in 40 more years. And we'll probably be arguing about THAT QB when it happens.
    Eli Manning is the QB with the most passing yards in a single postseason (1,219 yards in 2011)

    So if I understand your post above, the fact that it's a team game means that all QB's are equal, and I assume at all times as well?

    Is that what you are saying; that top flight play is irrelevant and Brady and Tebow are equals?

    'Cause I am saying something different.
    This space for rent

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    I can't help but see how strikingly similar Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are. Of course Eli has the 2 rings but both are wildly inconsistent but come crunch time, including playoff time, these 2 always show up. I would love to one day see these 2 go at it in a Superbowl.

    Both even have similar nicknames- Joe Cool and Easy E.
    This Ravens team in general reminds me of the Giants last year, and I think they'll win the SB as well.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Eli Manning is the QB with the most passing yards in a single postseason (1,219 yards in 2011)

    So if I understand your post above, the fact that it's a team game means that all QB's are equal, and I assume at all times as well?

    Is that what you are saying; that top flight play is irrelevant and Brady and Tebow are equals?

    'Cause I am saying something different.
    Tim Tebow had the highest yards per attempt in the post season last year.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    Flacco has turned his team around starting with the Giants win! if he does win the superbowl i can see the similarities of getting on a good run and finishing!Flacco did replace Eli as the winningest "road warrior" qb!
    yes he did. By beating the Falcons in Atlanta on Sunday it gave Flacco his record 6th Playoff Road win. However that is misleading as he also had 4 playoff Road losses. So 6-4. While Eli is 5-1 on the Road in the playoffs. Counting the two SB games (which were also consider away games) that makes him 7-1.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  8. #68
    By the way. At one time mark Sanchez was playing the steelers in Pittsburgh not so long ago (2010) in the AFCCG for the right (at the time) to have a record setting 5th Road Playoff win. He came into that game having 4 with wins at NE and Indy over Brady and Peyton. There were quite a few top notch former QBs all tied at 4 RD playoff victories. For Sanchez we all know the ending. He didnt get that 5th Road playoff win that night and his career has been on a study decline ever since.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  9. #69
    By the way at the time Eli and Flacco only had 3 each
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  10. #70
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,353
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Tim Tebow had the highest yards per attempt in the post season last year.

    Is your point that the Eli's record playoff performance, a performance never before equaled by any QB in the league ever, has some relevant connection to a 2 game streak featuring a 40% completion percentage and two touchdowns (although the one against the Steelers was epic).

    Care to tell the class in detail why the compare?
    This space for rent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts