+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NY Giants' Scout on Lane Johnson: "That's My Left Tackle"

Probably looking at LTs in case Beatty escapes us. Last thing we need is a J'Marcus Webb situation for the 2013 season. The scout could also mean "That's my FAVORITE left tackle", like as in his #1 in the draft at that position.

In that tape I put up the player he is going against a lot of the snaps #94 is Damontre Moore. He is regarded as a Top 20 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Lane Johnson vs Texas A&M 2012 only vid Ive done of hom

Even with his team down big I think I only saw him give up 1 pressure against what many believe to be a top 10 pick. Also got good push in the run game...Very impressive

I doubt Reese lets Beatty go. He'll find a way. You have to keep your best players when they are still in their 20's. Continuity is key with players and coaches.

Boothe played well after week 4. But at age 30, he might not be worth it and will probably get a higher offer elsewhere.

Is there really talk of moving Beatty to RT? He strikes me as purely a LT. Doesn't seem like the kind of bully you'd optimally want at RT.

I doubt the Giants go offensive line in the first round, could be done though. Not many people thought we were going RB in the first round last year.

He's an offensive lineman and his name is Lane. I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Is there really talk of moving Beatty to RT? He strikes me as purely a LT. Doesn't seem like the kind of bully you'd optimally want at RT.
    Those "bully" types of a thing of years past. With the emphasis on the pass game and pass catching TEs you want your RT to stand up to the pass rusher without help. If you can grab a franchise type LT at 19 you take him and kick your good but not great LT over to the right side.

Sounds like a plan in my book! Sign the kid if he is available!

+ Reply to Thread