Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning age 32

Eli Manning age 32

I know its been kicked around, but how many more productive years can we expect from Eli and when, if not this year, had we better draft a top QB to groom? As of now, we have no one like a lot of teams ( San Fran ) that have QB's that can step in!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

I would say around 5 or so more years.

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli?

Veteran
    I'd say 35 but who knows, it also depends on the team around him

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

too early to draft a QB right now imo

KNOCK WOOD. He's been remarkably healthy. to our knowledge: no surguries. no tears, no sprains. no seperations he had the plantar thing a few years ago which looked like a scary achillies tear, but wasn't. he's also become brilliant pre snap which helps him avoid big hits. as long as his arm is "live" i'd think he can play to 38-39 like many did before him. assuming he wants to, and the giants still want him around. you also never know how a super bowl win at age 36 for example, might change a guys outlook. he could want to go out on top, rather than squeeze in 2-3 more years when he's already won a lot. Strahan could've easily played one more year. and you know he would've had they not won it all that year. then there's the $$$ I know they say it's not about the money, but... at age 37-38-39 who is paying him more in another job? some times it's tough to walk away from that. so a lot of factors, none of which we can predict.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I'd say 35 but who knows, it also depends on the team around him
    You have the most ridiculous posts on here by a long shot.

So you think Eli in 3 years is going down hill?

I'd say Eli will play at a high level at least another 5 or 6 years. Look at Peyton and Eli is healthy.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Eli hasnt been knocked around like some qbs. i think he could be effective 4-5 more years!

could thrive in those years especially with his offense!

with a good o-ine.. till he's 55

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    with a good o-ine.. till he's 55
    Just around the time Peyton's kid is available for draft.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

It is a bit too early to do that now as cloud57 said. But when the time comes, it's definitely affordable with the rookie wage cap. Not only is it an investment in the backup QB position, but it's also to start training and preparing for the future after Eli. I'm thinking Marcus Mariota.

Closed Thread