Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning age 32

His game is mostly mental, so he should remain productive for quite some time, health permitting.

Eli's range will be 37-40. So we have at least 5 more and a potential for 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    His game is mostly mental, so he should remain productive for quite some time, health permitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Exactly, just like Peyton.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I hope your right, and all that "tired arm" BS was just that, BS.

If we keep a good running game and the bye weeks stay normal then it'll be BS. Anybodys arm will get ""tired"" after 3 months of throwing the ball THAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    I know its been kicked around, but how many more productive years can we expect from Eli and when, if not this year, had we better draft a top QB to groom? As of now, we have no one like a lot of teams ( San Fran ) that have QB's that can step in!
    Well how many more does Peyton have? The Broncos drafted Osweiler for a reason so I'd say 2 max. That would put Peyton at 38 and I don't think Eli has the same drive as Peyton to keep playing (who does other than Favre?? lol) so I'd give him maybe 5 seasons max. With only 3 seasons left under contract he might not finish his career as a Giant so an early round QB would be a good look in the 2014 or 2015 draft.

Johnny Football anyone??

its looking like the days of grooming QBs are over. Past 5 years QB drafted high start playing right away and they have had pretty good success.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Well how many more does Peyton have? The Broncos drafted Osweiler for a reason so I'd say 2 max. That would put Peyton at 38 and I don't think Eli has the same drive as Peyton to keep playing (who does other than Favre?? lol) so I'd give him maybe 5 seasons max. With only 3 seasons left under contract he might not finish his career as a Giant so an early round QB would be a good look in the 2014 or 2015 draft.

Johnny Football anyone??
    Next year?!

well if we are to use his brother as some sort of comparable metric, keeping in mind that Eli doesnt have the neck issues, I'd say Eli could end up playing at a high level to 40 yr old...8 more years with prob 5 more years of elite level play and then a lil drop off

what people got to understand is that it isnt a physical thing, its a mental thing. the ability to compensate for defeciencies that come with growing older, i believe eli will be more than capable to compensate for parts of his game that may fall off bc of his understanding and mental approach...

Closed Thread