Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning age 32

Banned
    If we don't fix our defense I don't care how much longer he plays, we're gonna have problems competing with these newcomers and teams turning the corner. Baltimore, Cincinnati and Atlanta demolished us when we still controlled our own destiny. Yeah we beat San Fran but had we played them or Seattle in December they would've slaughtered us.

Pocket passers who avoid big hits are usually good til 38 or 39. It often depends on the teams level of success and if they want to keep paying franchise type money when they are looking at a rebuild. It depends on the guy as well, where Peyton and Brady will play until their arms fall off Eli may say at 36 he has done enough. I think he said he wanted to play 7 more years earlier this year.

Either way it is too early to draft a "QB of the future". After round 3 there is little difference between drafting a QB and a college FA.

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    no seperations
    He separated his throwing shoulder in 2007 and played through it.

But yes he has been remarkably healthy.

I can see Eli playing to 42-43 but I don't know if it will all be with us. See Favre, Brett.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I would say around 5 or so more years.

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli?
    QB's have primes that vary so often, its hard to say? I mean, not every good QB has a HOF type long career at there peak.. Look at Phillip Rivers, Jim Everett, Jake Delhomme, Steve McNair, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Bernie Kosar, just for starters.. I mean, its hard to tell if ELI is gonna be one of those 36yr old studs, or a guy who just started his decline this past season.. Its not easy to fall into the Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning type echelon of guys who are super productive right into there mid to late 30's.. Thats what seperates the ALL TIME GREATS from the very good NFL QB's...

From reading the posts, fans seem to think he's good for another 5 or 6 years either with us or some other team. I guess it depends on how soon we need to rebuild. To be able to draft high for a QB, I guess we will have to finish with a losing record.
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I would say around 5 or so more years.

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli?
    5 years is a lot to expect. I think we could get 3 more good years for sure after that who knows

Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    its looking like the days of grooming QBs are over. Past 5 years QB drafted high start playing right away and they have had pretty good success.
    QB's in college now are far more advanced throwing the football than when Eli played.A rookie though I believe we have a hard time playing in this offense Day 1 and winning

not many teams get the luxury of having a potential great QB waiting in the wings. Most teams take it year by year.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think Eli knows the opportunity to become the greatest QB ever is around the corner. And I think he'll want it badly enough to smack down the naysayers throughout his career. The problem is our average coach is seizing this moment as well and is hanging around a bit too long.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I think Eli knows the opportunity to become the greatest QB ever is around the corner. And I think he'll want it badly enough to smack down the naysayers throughout his career. The problem is our average coach is seizing this moment as well and is hanging around a bit too long.
    You 2012'ers are too funny. The year of the Elis.

Closed Thread