Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning age 32

All-Pro
    probably outta start looking for his replacement

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    probably outta start looking for his replacement
    Eli's got a good 5 years B. You really think we need to go there?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Eli's got a good 5 years B. You really think we need to go there?
    I got to learn how to use the red ink !... stirring the beans a little....It does raise the question "provided he stays healthy and all" when would they start looking ? Idk but yeah not for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I got to learn how to use the red ink !... stirring the beans a little....It does raise the question "provided he stays healthy and all" when would they start looking ? Idk but yeah not for awhile
    I'd say that barring injury or a significant decline in level of play we won't seriously entertain finding a replacement for at least 3 years if we go the grooming route.

I think any pocket passer can play into their 40s. Especially with the new rules protecting them. If Eli stays the same productivity wise, he won't be going anywhere for a very long time. 32 is nothing, he's a strapping young lad.

eli has the ability to extend his career bc of his mental approach to the game and ability to avoid contact. I'd say (knock on wood) Eli can give us at least 5 more elite years, and could end up giving us overall another 10-12 yrs with any number of them at an elite level. players like eli come around once a generation, hopefully we can get as much out of him as possible

10 years is a stretch, I think Eli would want to be living peacefully with his wife and kids eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    10 years is a stretch, I think Eli would want to be living peacefully with his wife and kids eventually.
    yeah ur right it is, but i think its def possible. favre ended up doing it, i def think eli could play into early 40s...

He certainly can, but Favre and Eli are two different people and have two different personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    He certainly can, but Favre and Eli are two different people and have two different personalities.
    good point

Closed Thread