Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning age 32

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Huh? Of course he is a very good QB. And I feel he can become an all time great with a couple more SB. Sort of like what most people were saying about Brady after his 3rd. If a guy like brady whos a product of his system can be considered an all time great then I would certainly put Eli on the same boat if he wins a SB or 2 more.
    If Eli stays the QB he is...which is great with inconsistencies and gets to win 1 or 2 more SBs with the Giants he won't be a better QB then he is now he will be the same with more rings.....
    Brady is a better QB then Eli without rings, Same goes for Marino, Peyton, and several others.
    My point is Eli is what he is....He is not going to get better or worse and the ampount of rings doesnt matter in that regard
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

If a solid QB fell to us this year, I would draft him. If Reese has a QB ranked high on his board, and he slips to our 2nd or 3rd pick, I could see him picking him. Im not sure he has any QBs this year that high though, but if he does, it wouldnt shock me. Remember, Eli is not Reese's pick, it was EA's. Reese, Im sure, would love to make a splash at QB if given the opportunity.

And before all you guys bash me for saying that, think about this. If someone Reese see's as a game changer like Kaepernick or Dalton or Wilson falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, would you get upset? I know I wouldnt. Maybe Ryan Nassib is the next great QB and he just isn't ranked high, and maybe Reese see's that. Then in a year or 2, Eli starts declining big time and getting injured a bunch. Wouldnt it be great to have that?

Eli is 32, not 25.

Just my opinion and I'm sure I'm on the minority side on this one.

As a matter of fact, look at what Harbough did with Alex Smith. Is Smith a great QB? No. Is he better then Eli? Hell no. But he was doing great this year when he lost his job to Kaep because Kaep provided that extra dimention. Alex Smith was pretty solid the past 2 years. He led the league in passer rating this year before getting hurt. And Harbough still pulled him. Coughlin would never do that though obviously.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    If a solid QB fell to us this year, I would draft him. If Reese has a QB ranked high on his board, and he slips to our 2nd or 3rd pick, I could see him picking him. Im not sure he has any QBs this year that high though, but if he does, it wouldnt shock me. Remember, Eli is not Reese's pick, it was EA's. Reese, Im sure, would love to make a splash at QB if given the opportunity.And before all you guys bash me for saying that, think about this. If someone Reese see's as a game changer like Kaepernick or Dalton or Wilson falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, would you get upset? I know I wouldnt. Maybe Ryan Nassib is the next great QB and he just isn't ranked high, and maybe Reese see's that. Then in a year or 2, Eli starts declining big time and getting injured a bunch. Wouldnt it be great to have that?Eli is 32, not 25. Just my opinion and I'm sure I'm on the minority side on this one.
    I'm a little confused with the last sentence of the first paragraph. Because it was Accorsi's pick and not Reese's, are you suggesting Reese would have not drafted Eli or trade for him?
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    If Eli stays the QB he is...which is great with inconsistencies and gets to win 1 or 2 more SBs with the Giants he won't be a better QB then he is now he will be the same with more rings.....
    Brady is a better QB then Eli without rings, Same goes for Marino, Peyton, and several others.
    My point is Eli is what he is....He is not going to get better or worse and the ampount of rings doesnt matter in that regard
    Of course he's going to be better and greater with more rings. That's one factor in ranking a QB's greatness. Eli will eventually have the numbers mixed in with the great ones but having a couple more SB will arguably bring him over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm a little confused with the last sentence of the first paragraph. Because it was Accorsi's pick and not Reese's, are you suggesting Reese would have not drafted Eli or trade for him?
    I don't see Reese trading for Eli at all. Reese is more conservative, and Accorsi went hard after Eli because of what happened to him with Elway. Ernie was not going about to let his guy slip away again.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Of course he's going to be better and greater with more rings. That's one factor in ranking a QB's greatness. Eli will eventually have the numbers mixed in with the great ones but having a couple more SB will arguably bring him over the top.
    This morning Boomer Esiason was talking about Eli and while he acknowledges he's probably a HOF'er, he's just too inconsistent to be considered an all-time great. I agree.

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    This morning Boomer Esiason was talking about Eli and while he acknowledges he's probably a HOF'er, he's just too inconsistent to be considered an all-time great. I agree.

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that.
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    However, he is a better post season QB than Peyton is and he is a better post season QB than Marino ever was.

He is not as good a QB as Peyton, Aaron, Drew or Marino. However, he is a more successful QB than all of them because he has been able to lead his team to SuperBowl victories more than any of them have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You open up a good point here. In my opinion, I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for Eli and we would now have Ben if he was there and not Accorsi. I am very happy Accorsi made the trade and we got Eli but I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for him. Althoug I prefer Eli as our QB, I don’t think we would’ve gone wrong with Ben either.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-22-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

+1

Closed Thread