Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I don't see Reese trading for Eli at all. Reese is more conservative, and Accorsi went hard after Eli because of what happened to him with Elway. Ernie was not going about to let his guy slip away again.
    Interesting
    Get well soon #80.
    Updated Giants schedule.
    Week 1: "No excuses"
    Week 2: "No excuses"
    Week 3: "Super Bowl!"
    Week 4: "Super Bowl!"
    Week 5: "Super Bowl!"
    Week 6: "No excuses"
    Week 7: "No excuses"
    --------------------------
    Week 9: "No excuses"
    Week 10: "No excuses"

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    You open up a good point here. In my opinion, I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for Eli and we would now have Ben if he was there and not Accorsi. I am very happy Accorsi made the trade and we got Eli but I don’t think JR would’ve made the trade for him. Althoug I prefer Eli as our QB, I don’t think we would’ve gone wrong with Ben either.
    I forgot that it wasn't Reese's pick. Very interesting on Reese's part.
    Get well soon #80.
    Updated Giants schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    This morning Boomer Esiason was talking about Eli and while he acknowledges he's probably a HOF'er, he's just too inconsistent to be considered an all-time great. I agree.

Eli doesn't need more rings to get that monkey off his back, he needs to play at a high level consistently to do that.
    Did Boomer cringe when he said Eli is a HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I would say around 5 or so more years.

Problem is to find starting QBs they need to be drafted early, usually 1st round.

Can the giants afford to spend a 1st round pick to get a guy to backup Eli?
    I'd say 5 more as well, but there are good QB's to be found out there in the 2 - 7 rounds when it's time to start thinking about another QB. If they see another Kaepernick out there in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind drafting and developing in another 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by JJC7301; 01-22-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Banned
    If a good QB is available then we should draft him. We can’t take for granted and assume that Eli will never miss a game. We also can’t delude ourselves that David Carr will be able to get the job done if Eli gets hurt.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Of course he's going to be better and greater with more rings. That's one factor in ranking a QB's greatness. Eli will eventually have the numbers mixed in with the great ones but having a couple more SB will arguably bring him over the top.
    you are wrong. it will make his career more successful but it wont make a better QB. At this point in time he is what he is.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    However, he is a better post season QB than Peyton is and he is a better post season QB than Marino ever was.

He is not as good a QB as Peyton, Aaron, Drew or Marino. However, he is a more successful QB than all of them because he has been able to lead his team to SuperBowl victories more than any of them have.
    Exactly....more successful....thats the key word...

Like how many music artisst absolutely suck but they are successful because their music sells any way....
    successs does not always equate to talent and or level of skill
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Exactly....more successful....thats the key word...

Like how many music artisst absolutely suck but they are successful because their music sells any way....
    successs does not always equate to talent and or level of skill
    Eli's throw to Manningham in the Super Bowl was a level of skill and other throws as well. He can throw some goofy ones in there though (that's where the inconsistency comes from) but he has skill set to play the position.
    Get well soon #80.
    Updated Giants schedule.

Veteran
    I think he'll still be the Giants starting QB in his late 30's.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli's throw to Manningham in the Super Bowl was a level of skill and other throws as well. He can throw some goofy ones in there though (that's where the inconsistency comes from) but he has skill set to play the position.
    I am not saying he doesnt. All I am saying if Eli stays the same QB he is winning more rings will not make him a "better" QB physically. It will only make give a a more successful career as a QB. Guys like Brady and Peyton will always be better QBs than Eli.