Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am not saying he doesnt. All I am saying if Eli stays the same QB he is winning more rings will not make him a "better" QB physically. It will only make give a a more successful career as a QB. Guys like Brady and Peyton will always be better QBs than Eli.
    That's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm a little confused with the last sentence of the first paragraph. Because it was Accorsi's pick and not Reese's, are you suggesting Reese would have not drafted Eli or trade for him?
    Just saying, every GM / Coach wants "their guy" and prove him to be successful. Who knows what Reese would have done in 2004. Looking at what he has done since though, I dont think he would of traded up to get Eli. We would of most likely landed Ben.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Banned
    Exactly....more successful....thats the key word...

Like how many music artisst absolutely suck but they are successful because their music sells any way....
    successs does not always equate to talent and or level of skill
    Meh.Your analogy doesn’t fit in reagrd to Eli Manning at all. He doesn’t suck and his passes don’t simply get caught because the recievers grab them. He places the ball. He dictates games when he is on like he was during those SuperBowl runs. Elis talent and ability in the clutch was the most important things during our SuperBowl runs. He exhibited a command and calm over the game in postseason that Peyton Manning never has in playoffs, including during his SuperBowl victory. Very few QBs have ever dominated a postseason the way Eli Manning did in 2011. Joe Flacco may be doing that right now but Peyton Manning never has.

Banned
    The ELIte debate really doesn’t fit in regard to Eli Manning as a regular season QB. He is never going to touch Rodgers, Peyton and Brady during that time. It doesn’t mean that he is not an awesome QB because he is. However, he is one of the truly ELIte post season QBs in NFL history and that is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Meh.Your analogy doesn’t fit in reagrd to Eli Manning at all. He doesn’t suck and his passes don’t simply get caught because the recievers grab them. He places the ball. He dictates games when he is on like he was during those SuperBowl runs. Elis talent and ability in the clutch was the most important things during our SuperBowl runs. He exhibited a command and calm over the game in postseason that Peyton Manning never has in playoffs, including during his SuperBowl victory. Very few QBs have ever dominated a postseason the way Eli Manning did in 2011. Joe Flacco may be doing that right now but Peyton Manning never has.
    meh...you didnt read my other responses to this thread. Eli doesst suck...never said he did. If he stays the same kind of QB he is now more rings wont make him "better". He will have a more successful careert but he will be the same type of QB he already is.
    Which BTW is good enough for me. I am not bashing Eli
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think some people need to realize that he doesn't have to have numbers like Rodgers and Brady in the regular season in order to be great.. He doesn't, so that's not even a debate. Eli also doesn't have to be considered a top 5 quarterback to be considered great either. He's been a great quarterback for us and that's all that should matter. We have way too many debates comparing him to other quarterbacks. Eli is Eli and we should be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Did Boomer cringe when he said Eli is a HOF?
    It didn't sound like it.

They were discussing 1st ballot HOF'ers vs the rest. Carton believes only first ballot guys are elite. I think that is fair.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

you are wrong. it will make his career more successful but it wont make a better QB. At this point in time he is what he is.....
    No, he has more time to prove he is better than many QB that you've listed earlier.

No, he has more time to prove he is better than many QB that you've listed earlier.
    I highly doubt Eli or any quarterback in the league right now will surpass Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Maybe in rings, which is good enough for me lol. If you're talking about stats, forget it.

Eli has to get better to actually be better. Right now he is as he has been for the last 5 years. Which is still ok with me. he doesnt have to be better than any other QB for me.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch