Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning age 32

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I highly doubt Eli or any quarterback in the league right now will surpass Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Maybe in rings, which is good enough for me lol. If you're talking about stats, forget it.
    Statistically, Eli isn't too far off from Brady at similar points in their careers (Brady has higher comp% and waaaay fewer INTS), but yards and TDs are actually very close.

Peyton is a bit ahead of the both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Statistically, Eli isn't too far off from Brady at similar points in their careers (Brady has higher comp% and waaaay fewer INTS), but yards and TDs are actually very close.

Eli is not a stat guy in the regular season.
    Uh..go Giants?

according to the late Vince Lombardi you draft a QB 5 years before you need him

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    according to the late Vince Lombardi you draft a QB 5 years before you need him
    And we're all born a blank slate.

I love outdated philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli is not a stat guy in the regular season.
    Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).

Run the numbers for yourself. I speak the truth. I believe when I did it, I ended up disregarding the rookie years for both Eli and Brady (I counted full seasons only).
    Because Eli doesn't put up the stats Brady does, I cannot see him overtaking him in the stats position.
    Uh..go Giants?

The first 7 years are indeed closer than what you would expect. Brady and Brees both turned it on after 7 years. Eli's 7th year was in 2011 and that's when he turned it on. That's why I got super excited. I was hoping that Eli would continue the trend that Brady and Brees set. Then there was 2012. I think that's why we're all overstating our disappointment. Had Eli not had a brilliant 2011 and kept the status quo, i don't think the Eli talk would have been as negative.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    And we're all born a blank slate.

I love outdated philosophy.
    I don't get your point but this theory seems about right for Eli, it took about 5 years for him to finally get it..

I'll take the INT's given our offense. Thats just part of the package.

Eli at age 32 is a good QB, even a very good QB. He's been the QB for two Giants teams that have won SB's. This is a good thing.
    Eli at age 32 is far from a great QB and not in the league with some of the players he's being compared to in this thread.

BTW...I love you all.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Closed Thread