+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NY Giants 2000 season

The NY Giants 2000 season

When you think back on that season, what are your thoughts?

Do you see the season as a success since we made it to the Super Bowl? Or, since we got our butts kicked you see it as a failure.

Me, I take no pleasure in that season, despite the playoff ride and truly fantastic championship game.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

They looked so good when they routed the Vikings. And it did not feel so good when the Ravens stifled them. Honestly, last year I wanted the Patriots and it was because of the 2000 experience against the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    They looked so good when they routed the Vikings. And it did not feel so good when the Ravens stifled them. Honestly, last year I wanted the Patriots and it was because of the 2000 experience against the Ravens.
    Yes. I've always hated that team because of that game, their coach and RL. But now I do like RL, and I'm pulling for them over the Niners who are total scum.

;]
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

It was a successful year when nobody went into '00 expecting the Giants to be in the SB. That team deserves more recognition than they get. They were the best team in a crappy NFC (back when the AFC was clearly better than the NFC).

I was surprised that it was as big a blowout as it was because I thought that our D was very good, but the Ravens were obviously the better team. Amazingly historic D for them.

I'm rooting for the Ravens this year.

I hate the niners but I can't stand the thought of that jerk who should've been locked up walking into the sunset with a 2nd SB ring.

Ya, it was a success.. We went to the SB with a QB we got for next to nothing! No one expected the Giants to go to the SB that yr.. Some teams gotta finish the job off to be consdiered a success, and some teams making it to the SB is still a big success, and the giants fall into that category for the 2000season..

Starter
    Besides the fact that Kerry Collins probably pre-gamed with Wade Boggs on Miller 64's, it was an enjoyable season. Never had that much pride in the Giants when they routed the Vikings a whopping 41-0. I can remember even wearing Giants gear in middle school. I would always be made fun of because previous to that, the Giants were a laughing stock in the mid/late 90's. That following Monday, nobody could say a thing about the G-Men. (until two weeks later lol).

Does anyone else feel that that game may have turned out differently if not for that bogus defensive holding call on Keith Hamilton that wiped out the INT return for a TD by Armstead? That call I feel just completely took the wind out of their sails.

Quote Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
    Does anyone else feel that that game may have turned out differently if not for that bogus defensive holding call on Keith Hamilton that wiped out the INT return for a TD by Armstead? That call I feel just completely took the wind out of their sails.
    oh absolutely - may not still have been a win for us, but most certainly different. Hell, even competitive.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Yes. I've always hated that team because of that game, their coach and RL. But now I do like RL, and I'm pulling for them over the Niners who are total scum.

;]
    RL killed someone. He is not scum?

+ Reply to Thread