+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The NY Giants 2000 season

Kerry Collins...SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Down-lifer View Post
    RL killed someone. He is not scum?
    Did he? I did not know that was a proven fact.

I've always despised the Niners and their fans since the early 80's. I see no reason to stop now.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Kerry Collins...SMH
    Kerry Collins was the first decent QB we had after Phil Simms.

I don't recall Eli ever having a Championing game like Kerry had either.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    oh absolutely - may not still have been a win for us, but most certainly different. Hell, even competitive.
    +1. Would have been closer, but the better team won. We couldn't score against that D, and even when we had a kick returned for a TD, the Ravens did the same on the very next play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Kerry Collins was the first decent QB we had after Phil Simms.

I don't recall Eli ever having a Championing game like Kerry had either.
    I liked him as a QB too. Much better than what we had in between him and Simms. But he failed big time that night.

Did he? I did not know that was a proven fact.

I've always despised the Niners and their fans since the early 80's. I see no reason to stop now.
    You know it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I liked him as a QB too. Much better than what we had in between him and Simms. But he failed big time that night.
    True, but we didn't have much to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Down-lifer View Post
    You know it to be true.
    Of course I heard the rumors and always thought of him as a low-life until last year. Maybe it's watching all those commercials of him and the cute little girl "interviewing" him...

When you think back on that season, what are your thoughts?

Do you see the season as a success since we made it to the Super Bowl? Or, since we got our butts kicked you see it as a failure.

Me, I take no pleasure in that season, despite the playoff ride and truly fantastic championship game.
    I try my best to remember the positives from every season and not dwell so much on the negative, but...it's damn hard to remember the positives when there is a monstrous thing like a SB thrashing to jump out at you.

So put me in the "no" column.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    +1. Would have been closer, but the better team won. We couldn't score against that D, and even when we had a kick returned for a TD, the Ravens did the same on the very next play.
    i think, had shaun williams not blown the coverage to give the ravens an easy, early lead, or had the refs not boned armstead and brought the game back to 7-7, and collins at least played like he did the second quarter the whole game, that could have been a very different game.

you think back to the titans earlier that postseason, and they would have won had they not had a stupid blocked chip shot FG for a td. Giants were similar to that team. remember that the ravens were a great defense, but not a great team. very poor offense to complement them.

that was a good team that was weak at CB, TE and OL, but very strong on DL, WR, RB and to an extent LB

+ Reply to Thread