+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NY Giants' FA Profile: WR Domenik Hixon, Will He Stay Or Go?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I think the Pats would take him in a heartbeat.
    Well, aside from that. I think Belicheck is going to be looking to snipe players from the Ravens now, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Hixon is the ultimate depth player. You can put him in on any WR position on our offense and he knows what he needs to do. Key words are "our offense". He wouldn't be able to do too much right off the bat on another team, and as such, other teams won't seek him out that much. You can't ask for anything more from a player when a starter gets hurt. I think we need to bring him back if the price is right.
    Let's hope it all works out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I have always liked Hixon, Hopefully he can stay.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's not going to command a ton of money and he has versatility that would be nice to have when someone goes down.
    what if that person to go down is Hixon? but i agree, he is too valuable to just let walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    what if that person to go down is Hixon? but i agree, he is too valuable to just let walk.
    Then the season is over
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Hixon is one of those guys that just comes in and does whatever he is asked to do. He isn't flashy but he seems to get the job done. IMO he is a valuable commodity for the Giants that should come at a relatively low price. I hope they are able to bring him back.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

He's always had those plays where I'd be saying to myself "wow". I really like the kid. He knows the system well enough to be productive and does not complain about his role on the offense. He's versatile and has the speed. I'd say cut Jernigan / Sash and maybe Barden to make room for his return, maybe a two year deal. Address the rest through draft.

Hixon is a keeper. Stayed healthy this season and made some clutch catches. Knows the system, puts himself in position to make plays, is valuable on special teams, just quietly does his job on a consistent basis. Need more like him on the field and could do with fewer overpaid prima donnas. Won't mention any names but think defense.

+ Reply to Thread