+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants' FA Profile: WR Domenik Hixon, Will He Stay Or Go?

That being said, I really do hope we're able to hang on to him. While he may not be special, he's solid and often times that's just what you need in your 3rd or 4th guy... Just someone who knows what they are doing and can go out and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    But, not only that, he hasn't done enough to really warrant a bidding war, especially when you consider his twice torn ACL. There aren't going to be a lot of teams that are going to throw a ton of money at someone with his injury history.
    Which is why I think Reese will sign him. He has value here. He has survived a season without any knee issues which is pretty remarkable IMO
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Which is why I think Reese will sign him. He has value here. He has survived a season without any knee issues which is pretty remarkable IMO
    Yup. And I don't think Hixon has an unrealistic view of his value. So long as the offer is fair, I'm sure he'll be an easy re-sign.

That being said, I really do hope we're able to hang on to him. While he may not be special, he's solid and often times that's just what you need in your 3rd or 4th guy... Just someone who knows what they are doing and can go out and do it.
    He's the kind of guy you can plug in anywhere at WR or the return game and know he'll be where he's supposed to be and do what he's supposed to be doing.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Yup. And I don't think Hixon has an unrealistic view of his value. So long as the offer is fair, I'm sure he'll be an easy re-sign.
    He also knows Reese salvaged him from the scrap heap with he was having emotional issues after that ST hit that knocked return man out and they first thought he'd be paralyzed.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's the kind of guy you can plug in anywhere at WR or the return game and know he'll be where he's supposed to be and do what he's supposed to be doing.
    and thats worth its weight in gold

Quote Originally Posted by C1010 View Post
    Would love to have Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Hixon as our receiving corp next year.
    & let barden go....I want to draft another Wr in the later rounds,no 6'5 giant & no midget, but a guy that was productive with good hands....Would be great to pull a Garcon,Antonio Brown,denarius moore,mike williams,cecil shorts type of value out of the 4th-6th

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    & let barden go....I want to draft another Wr in the later rounds,no 6'5 giant & no midget, but a guy that was productive with good hands....Would be great to pull a Garcon,Antonio Brown,denarius moore,mike williams,cecil shorts type of value out of the 4th-6th
    Well said, I agree.

Hixon is the ultimate depth player. You can put him in on any WR position on our offense and he knows what he needs to do. Key words are "our offense". He wouldn't be able to do too much right off the bat on another team, and as such, other teams won't seek him out that much. You can't ask for anything more from a player when a starter gets hurt. I think we need to bring him back if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Hixon is the ultimate depth player. You can put him in on any WR position on our offense and he knows what he needs to do. Key words are "our offense". He wouldn't be able to do too much right off the bat on another team, and as such, other teams won't seek him out that much. You can't ask for anything more from a player when a starter gets hurt. I think we need to bring him back if the price is right.
    I think the Pats would take him in a heartbeat.

+ Reply to Thread