Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Ault Says Eli Manning Could Run The Pistol Offense

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Magnets.
    Should have known.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Banned
    There was a game this season where I was in the pistol formation.

Veteran
    You can run the pistol without necessarily having a option or running QB. Quick slants, direct snaps to the RB, and Play action bombs are all effective w/o the threat of a QB run. However, I'm not sure that our completion % or yards per carry would increase at all. No real data to compare.

The pistol offense is less effective at QB protection because the back is behind the QB rather then to his side and capable of stepping into middle pressure. For this reason, I do not see us doing it. We actually care about our Qbs health.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The pistol offense is less effective at QB protection because the back is behind the QB rather then to his side and capable of stepping into middle pressure. For this reason, I do not see us doing it. We actually care about our Qbs health.
    Is that not the case when the QB is under center?

Maybe, I'd like to see Eli surprise some people and run for 1st downs more often, but at the same time be smart about it and not get himself killed. He's no string bean either; remember how everyone popped when he threw that pancake block for Bradshaw vs Greenbay in playoffs last year? Think the last rushing TD he had was in London Vs Miami 07 if I'm correct.

We have moved away from a lot of things we used to run with Tiki that I felt were deadly. The screen pass is all but gone. Tiki used to get 50 receptions a year. The shotgun draw is gone, this one from as recently as 2008 when earth, wind and fire were at their hayday. I really want to use the running back more in the no huddle passing game and I feel Wilson can do those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    pistol offense? Gilbride says no
    Agreed.....the last thing Gilbride wants to do is help the running game....it's all about those 30 yard pass attempts on 3rd and 2.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Gilbride cat says no

Quote Originally Posted by Drystt View Post
    Maybe, I'd like to see Eli surprise some people and run for 1st downs more often, but at the same time be smart about it and not get himself killed. He's no string bean either; remember how everyone popped when he threw that pancake block for Bradshaw vs Greenbay in playoffs last year? Think the last rushing TD he had was in London Vs Miami 07 if I'm correct.
    He ran for our first score of the year in '11 against Washington.

+ Reply to Thread