+ Reply to Thread

2013 NFL Draft: Ryan Spadola, Small School Prospect WIth Big Dreams

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...exas-vs-nation

Excerpt: " Ryan Spadola does not come from a school you would call a hotbed of NFL players. Spadola, a wide receiver, from Lehigh University will be among the players showcasing their talents for NFL scouts this week at the Texas vs. the Nation all-star game.

The game does not feature the big names or likely early draft picks who attended last week's Senior Bowl, or even the East-West Shrine Game. There are, however, many players participating in the game who will go on to have successful NFL careers.
    Spadola, a two-time FCS All-American at Lehigh. hopes to be among them. Spadola spoke with me over the weekend, prior to leaving for Texas vs. the Nation practices, which begin Tuesday.

Spadola, 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, said he is hoping to show scouts "I have the same talent as most of these guys who went to 1-A levels."
    In a four-year career at Lehigh, the Howell, N.J. native caught 232 passes, 24 for touchdowns, averaging 15.6 yards per catch. He was a third-team FCS All-American after catching 78 passes as a sophomore and a first-team All-American after 96 receptions his junior season. He set a single-season Patriot League record as a junior with 1,614 receiving yards." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I live right by Lehigh and I have seen this kid play,,nice player for the patriot league but is in the same boat as depalma and douglas, good players but can they make it in the NFL?