+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This kid could be a steal

This kid could be a steal

I ain't no draft expert like the guys i see on here man ( red, sportsfan, santa, enigma, rainjef)
    but this kid to me is a JOHN BROWN steal In the 4th -5th round

Michael Williams TE, ROLL TIDE!

look at this kids size 6-6 270, probably can run a 4.7 if he drops 10 pounds eh?
    I don't think they used him much as a receiving threat but he can damn sure block almost as good as Bennett coming out, and speaking of that guy we might need to get a TE in the draft cause we have no JOHN BROWN clue what his version of a hometown discount is.

what you bloaks think?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=TE

Michael Williams may be the best blocking TE in this draft (or at least among them). He's big and athletic and gets up field quickly.... He's serviceable at best as an offensive threat though, still needs to improve a lot in that department. I'd love to land him and try and hopefully develop his receiving skills. It would definitely improve our running game. I'm happy with just about anyone out of Alabama. It's an NFL prep factory. The TE they have behind Williams, Vogler, looks like he's going to be sick as well.

Maybe the best blocking TE ive seen in the last 5 years in CFB. He is really like another Tackle. He just Flattens LB's. Alabama didnt even have their FB this season Jalston Fowler. That guy was destroying Michigan in the first game until he got hurt. He would of stolen some carries as well. Fowler is such a beast

Still think he might be better off gaining another 30 pounds and switching to LT like Jason Peters did

I'd like to take a late rounder flyer on DC Jefferson, TE from Rutgers

I really like Micahel Williams, and also Vance McDonald of Rice.. I think Williams is obviouslyt he better blocker, but Vance has very good size and is the superior recevier.. Also, lets not forget about Travis Kelce, who can block and catch, and is as good a all around TE prospect as there is in this draft..

Levine Toiolo is another guy who can block and catch.. I think Slip might be on to something with Williams, becasue from what i heard, Williams was bad catching the ball yesterday, but obviously his blocking is sesnational, so maybe gaining wait and moving to OLINE is the thing for him? I see guys like Vance McDonald, Travis Kelce, and Toiolo being better all around threats then Williams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd like to take a late rounder flyer on DC Jefferson, TE from Rutgers
    I hope they work him out,Mark Harrison 2

I've have him has my 6th round pick in my mock draf in " Members draft mock " in draft sub-forum. Tough as nails , good football player. Would love to have him in blue next year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
    I ain't no draft expert like the guys i see on here man ( red, sportsfan, santa, enigma, rainjef)
    but this kid to me is a JOHN BROWN steal In the 4th -5th round

Michael Williams TE, ROLL TIDE!

look at this kids size 6-6 270, probably can run a 4.7 if he drops 10 pounds eh?
    I don't think they used him much as a receiving threat but he can damn sure block almost as good as Bennett coming out, and speaking of that guy we might need to get a TE in the draft cause we have no JOHN BROWN clue what his version of a hometown discount is.

what you bloaks think?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=TE
    I made a List early on in the season last year about upcoming TE's to look forward to and this guy was on my list. at the time i had them ranked as

Eifert
    Fauria
    Ertz
    Stoneburner
    Lutzenkirchen
    Williams

I now switched fauria and ertz, and Williams is right under Stoneburner. The kid is a mauler at the point of attack when blocking, he has shown some stone hands at times but I think he can be coached, because like you said Bama didn't utilize him much.
    I think turning him into a OL would be a waste depending on how he does at the combine specifically in the shuttle, 40, and receiving gauntlet. If he tanks these then i would not oppose the idea. He would have to bulk up to 310 and drastically improve his footwork at that weight, that a project i would not waste a 6th rounder on. Lets hope he impresses at the senior bowl / combine and is projected to stay at this natural position. he would most definitely be a steal in the 5th+

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I made a List early on in the season last year about upcoming TE's to look forward to and this guy was on my list. at the time i had them ranked as

Eifert
    Fauria
    Ertz
    Stoneburner
    Lutzenkirchen
    Williams

I now switched fauria and ertz, and Williams is right under Stoneburner. The kid is a mauler at the point of attack when blocking, he has shown some stone hands at times but I think he can be coached, because like you said Bama didn't utilize him much.
    I think turning him into a OL would be a waste depending on how he does at the combine specifically in the shuttle, 40, and receiving gauntlet. If he tanks these then i would not oppose the idea. He would have to bulk up to 310 and drastically improve his footwork at that weight, that a project i would not waste a 6th rounder on. Lets hope he impresses at the senior bowl / combine and is projected to stay at this natural position. he would most definitely be a steal in the 5th+
    Hey, JC Tretter was a TE at Cornell his first couple seasons, and hes a small school ivy league kid, and hes piled on the weight and is now a 3rd - 4th RD G prospect who weighs over 300lbs... I don't think it'd be that difficult for Williams to get up to 295-300lbs with his 6ft 5in frame and still be able to move his ft good enough..

+ Reply to Thread