+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This kid could be a steal

I love me some JOHN BROWN blocking TE's. Haha. In all seriousness I really do like what the giants do with TE's and I think the league overstates the importance of a receiving type TE.

I noticed this guy setting up some killer blocks in the BCS champ game. He might have even had a play-action touchdown to cap off a drive if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

In the event we don't resign Bennett, I'm almost certain that our next TE to come out of this draft or from FA will offer more in the blocking game than as a receiving threat. Williams and Sims would be two guys I'd love for this team to take into consideration as future Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hey, JC Tretter was a TE at Cornell his first couple seasons, and hes a small school ivy league kid, and hes piled on the weight and is now a 3rd - 4th RD G prospect who weighs over 300lbs... I don't think it'd be that difficult for Williams to get up to 295-300lbs with his 6ft 5in frame and still be able to move his ft good enough..
    So you want to draft a blocking TE and make him gain weight to play OL where nobody knows how good he'll be?

Why not just draft an OL instead of trying to turn a great blocking TE into a linemen unecessarily?

Quote Originally Posted by SimmsandLT View Post
    So you want to draft a blocking TE and make him gain weight to play OL where nobody knows how good he'll be?

Why not just draft an OL instead of trying to turn a great blocking TE into a linemen unecessarily?
    Because he has better movement skills than any mid-late round OT you're going to find. A lot of the top OTs in the nfl we're TEs. Eagles jason peters actually was a TE all through college. When he got to the nfl they converted him to OT and he is arguably the best LT in the game when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Because he has better movement skills than any mid-late round OT you're going to find. A lot of the top OTs in the nfl we're TEs. Eagles jason peters actually was a TE all through college. When he got to the nfl they converted him to OT and he is arguably the best LT in the game when healthy.
    Seahawks drafted a DT and made him a Guard

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    College TE's switching to tackle happens quite a bit just dont here much about it. Nate Solder was a TE until his Soph season. I bet Jessie Williams from Alabama could make a great guard

Quote Originally Posted by SimmsandLT View Post

Do i want to draft a blocking TE and make him gain weight???lol No, i don't want to just draft any blocking TE and make em gain weight.. I was answering my freind raineref's post , and simply letting him know, it happens... And its a pretty simple reason why u would do it.. The answer? Because the TE in question is without question a better blocker then reciever, and has a better chance of becoming a stud OT or G, then he does a multi dimensional TE..

Why have a TE that does only one thing really well, when u can have em do that one thing every snap? easy enough, ey?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    College TE's switching to tackle happens quite a bit just dont here much about it. Nate Solder was a TE until his Soph season. I bet Jessie Williams from Alabama could make a great guard
    Lane Johnson was a QB at Kilgore College and then Transitioned to TE , and was a TE when he arrived at Oklahoma.. Then they had em beef up 35lbs, and it seemed to work out pretty good for him as well..lol

What did I JOHN BROWN say about this kid really impressed the nation with his two catches one for the TD during that senior bowl game, I hope we get him as a future replacement or immediate for Bennett depending on what we do with the unicorns contract

Veteran
    Lmao you did john brown say that. I remember asking redeye to gather as much tape on this kid at the beginning of the season. But because he is hardly used there wasn't much, he can definitely be a steal in the 4th-5th round. Although i don't think he makes it to the 5th based on his senior bowl and possible combine numbers.

Sportz what do you think? Still want to convert him or keep him at his natural position and polish him?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread