+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Mock take 2

  1. #21
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,095
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I think Mingo has been a top 10 pick in every mock draft I have seen.
    I think it's very possible he falls. Because he is undersized and not very productive.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think it's very possible he falls. Because he is undersized and not very productive.
    I tend to agree.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm struggling more and more with the first round. Rhodes is a good player, but this draft is deep at CB and I would argue mid round guys are potentially as good as Rhodes. Wreh-Wilson to me is as good of a prospect.

    I am still not sure if ansah would ever be a top pass rusher. He never dips around the corner. Not sure he has the flexibility to do it.

    I don't see ogletree as a top player because he's the worst LB against the run in the first couple rounds

    So where do they go? The other DE prospects? Maybe Mingo is there.


    As far as one dimensional player like Lemonier. A pass rush specialist is such a valuable commodity. Look at the year Aldon Smith had his rookie year or Bruce Irvin this year.

    And Sio Moore is a much better player than herzlich or Paysinger. He could certainly play significant snaps on defense.
    The first round likes that I have are (in order): Okafor, Ansah, Rhodes, Lane Johnson, Ogletree

    Ansah (and Okafor) I see more as strong side DEs (replacing Tuck). Setting the edge and getting pursuit sacks. I think they're both great pass rushing prospects, but I agree that neither would probably make GREAT pass rushers. But I don't need them to be the next Strahan ... just the next Tuck.

    I think of those, one would be available, and I'd be happy with any of those in the first. They all address a real need in a big way for us. I agree about your assessment of Rhodes vs. later CBs in the draft. As for Ogletree, while I agree with you, I think he's the multidimensional type of LB we really need and our dline has to do more with respect to being stout against the run. That and the run stuffers that will be around in the first round just don't impress me (Minter and Teo). But I can understand the misgivings here.

    Lemonier: I don't see him being as good as Osi (or Smith or Irvin). The only way I say grab a situational player is if he blows my hair back at what he does (and Lemonier, while good, doesn't do it for me).

    Moore: Herzlich has yet to prove that he can play at this level (or get up to the level he played at BC for that matter) so that's a no-brainer. Paysinger I'll disagree with ... I thought he's been coming along really nicely. While Moore might supplant him, I don't think you can say that with a given (at least I didn't bet that impression from him on the little tape I've watched).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 01-23-2013 at 03:30 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think it's very possible he falls. Because he is undersized and not very productive.
    I think it's more likely he'll get scooped up as a 3-4 OLB before us.

  5. #25
    Veteran Jahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think it's more likely he'll get scooped up as a 3-4 OLB before us.
    Is he a legit DE prospect?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Is he a legit DE prospect?
    Mingo? He's being touted as that but he doesn't have the size and an extra 30 pounds might slow him down too much. Then again, pass rushing DEs are getting smaller all the time. He's good really solid technique though and he's an athletic marvel.

    Because of his range though, I'd see him as more valuable as a 3-4 OLB who can flare out on zone dog blitzes.

  7. #27
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think it's very possible he falls. Because he is undersized and not very productive.
    Undersized and unproductive? Let's grab this guy!

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm struggling more and more with the first round. Rhodes is a good player, but this draft is deep at CB and I would argue mid round guys are potentially as good as Rhodes. Wreh-Wilson to me is as good of a prospect.

    I am still not sure if ansah would ever be a top pass rusher. He never dips around the corner. Not sure he has the flexibility to do it.

    I don't see ogletree as a top player because he's the worst LB against the run in the first couple rounds

    So where do they go? The other DE prospects? Maybe Mingo is there.


    As far as one dimensional player like Lemonier. A pass rush specialist is such a valuable commodity. Look at the year Aldon Smith had his rookie year or Bruce Irvin this year.

    And Sio Moore is a much better player than herzlich or Paysinger. He could certainly play significant snaps on defense.
    I firmly believe if Mingo / Rhodes / Ansah / ogletree is there. Mingo is the player with the best upside/ polish. I say this cause Anash is player with the most Upside but he is probably going to be a 2nd season performer much like JPP was and I hope he doesn't hit the wall like JPP did when realizing "hey they are game planing to neturalize me." Rhodes at 19 is nice but like you said we can get better prospects in the 2nd, In my mock I took him where he would be the best value. "I don't see ogletree as a top player because he's the worst LB against the run in the first couple rounds." I completely agree with this, Nico to me is a better overall prospect not talent but where we can get him a better value I think.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Mingo? He's being touted as that but he doesn't have the size and an extra 30 pounds might slow him down too much. Then again, pass rushing DEs are getting smaller all the time. He's good really solid technique though and he's an athletic marvel.

    Because of his range though, I'd see him as more valuable as a 3-4 OLB who can flare out on zone dog blitzes.
    he doesn't need 30 all he needs is 20 imho. and he uses his hands extremely well, and has an array of moves to get to the QB. like you said he is extremely atheletic so i don't think he would have an issue dissengaging and getting to the running back.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    he doesn't need 30 all he needs is 20 imho. and he uses his hands extremely well, and has an array of moves to get to the QB. like you said he is extremely atheletic so i don't think he would have an issue dissengaging and getting to the running back.

    Yeah I could see that. My only concern with tweeners is more of them turn out to be busts or 3-4 OLBs than the Jevon Kearse's of the world (Mingo kind of reminds me of a Jevon Kearse type prospect).

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts