+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mock take 2

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm not talking about ogletree's tackling. I'm talking about his ability to take on and shed blockers.

Watch those videos specifically for how often Ogletree meets a blocker and sheds him. Almost never.

Arthur brown is the absolute best stack and shed lb in this draft.
    I laughed.

Why would you want a DE (and the only one we'd take) in the 3rd round if you think he'd only play on passing downs?

Like the players but we need some OL

Arthur brown is the absolute best stack and shed lb in this draft.
    Seems like he should have more tackles than everyone else than (instead of the opposite). Especially more than a guy with 3 less games and is the worst against the run.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    If there's no DE worthy of that pick or no monster DT available at 19 and taking in count your assessment then IMO go with the " safe pick " and grab a stud OL. There's gona be lots available when the Giants turn comes. Aside of your observation of a strong FA OL offseason even if they are cheap you thats only a quick fix, and more often than not you have to spend to get quality at OL a luxury we can't afford being saddled in salary cap, you can not go wrong if we go OL in 1st round. That been said Ansah's athletic ability is ridiculous, do you know he has run a sub 11 seg in the 100 mts dash ? At 6' 6 and 270 lbs ?!? That along is mind-boggling. He will better his craft and be a great DE passrusher for years to come, add JPP to the other side of the line and we could be looking up to special things in the near future.
    I've watched a lot of video of Ansah. His speed to close is very impressive. But I have never seen him dip around the edge. He just doesn't do it. He does not explode off the ball either.

Combine those two, and you have a guy who is probably better off as a 5 tech. He's not a natural edge guy.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I laughed.

Why would you want a DE (and the only one we'd take) in the 3rd round if you think he'd only play on passing downs?
    For the same reason the Seahawks and 49ers took a passing down only guy in the first.

A sub package rush end is incredibly valuable

Seems like he should have more tackles than everyone else than (instead of the opposite). Especially more than a guy with 3 less games and is the worst against the run.
    Production doesn't have a lot to do with it. Ogletree massively benefitted from the massive DTs who played in front of him and kept him clean on nearly all plays.

Production doesn't have a lot to do with it. Ogletree massively benefitted from the massive DTs who played in front of him and kept him clean on nearly all plays.
    If he only made plays up front, I'd be closer to agreeing with you. As someone that has actually watched him play A LOT, I know he was impressive for many other reason besides not having people block him.

Have you watched Arthur Brown's film? It's not exactly loaded with him shedding blocks and shutting down run games. Let's not forget that he couldn't even get on the field at Miami.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 01-23-2013 at 01:36 PM.

If he only made plays up front, I'd be closer to agreeing with you. As someone that has actually watched him play A LOT, I know he was impressive for many other reason besides not having people block him.

Have you watched Arthur Brown's film? It's not exactly loaded with him shedding blocks and shutting down run games.
    I've watched plenty of both. Ogletree does not use his arms and does not stack and shed. Watch how he plays with his arms at his sides all game until the tackle.

Arthur Brown there is a ton of video of him engaging and shedding blockers.

The more I think about I'm going to switch my first and third picks

I'll take Mingo in the first and Wreh Wilson in the third.

The more I think about I'm going to switch my first and third picks

I'll take Mingo in the first and Wreh Wilson in the third.
    I think Mingo has been a top 10 pick in every mock draft I have seen.

+ Reply to Thread