+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    His play was disappointing but so was most of the team. Don't see everyone being nearly as tough on other players that didn't perform. So many are talking about making Rolle the captain and he probably played just as bad if not worse and makes to much money. At least Tuck plays the run well.
    Every player who regressed has been raked over the coals, it's not just about Tuck. As others have said, he needs to play better, not talk better and that goes for ALL of the players.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I disagree with everyone who questions Tuck's heart. Without him, we have zero SB wins in the past 5 years.

I just think that his body can't hold up to be an every down player in the NFL any more. I believe that if we reduce his snaps, we can increase his effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    His play was disappointing but so was most of the team. Don't see everyone being nearly as tough on other players that didn't perform. So many are talking about making Rolle the captain and he probably played just as bad if not worse and makes to much money. At least Tuck plays the run well.
    Tuck had a horrible year all around. He averaged less than 2 tackles a game. I'm sorry but he did not do well against the run either. I am all for giving him one more year to turn it around but he shouldn't be the captain. He should just focus on his own play.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I disagree with everyone who questions Tuck's heart. Without him, we have zero SB wins in the past 5 years.

I just think that his body can't hold up to be an every down player in the NFL any more. I believe that if we reduce his snaps, we can increase his effectiveness.
    Then if his body can't handle it and he needs to reduce his snaps, then he also needs to reduce the dollars in his paycheck. If you look at his demeanor on the field and how much he was seen sulking this year, it is very understandable why people would question his heart. He is supposed to be a leader out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He's just trying to hang onto his large paycheck which now exceeds his contribution to the team. I don't begrudge him that but JR has to wring every last bit of production out of the money he can spend under the cap. JR needs to be the adult in the room and right size Tuck's contract or move on. I expect it to be renegotiated with Tuck retiring a Giant.
    $5 mil isn't that large a paycheck for a DE; Tuck has been underpaid his entire career.

Many on here think that injuries have reduced Tuck to a mediocre player. We want better than that, whether it's Tuck improving or someone else.

I'm glad he can turn it on and turn it off when he wants to.

Well, if he is VOWING to be better, maybe he will consider a pay cut? He certainly hasn'tbeen playing at the level he negotiated his deal from, back few years ago, so let's talk business instead of emotion here. Restructure his contract, and keep him to his word. If he doesn't man-up, at least we'll be helping the cap situation. If he only plays at a mediocre level, pay him at a mediocre level.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Then if his body can't handle it and he needs to reduce his snaps, then he also needs to reduce the dollars in his paycheck.
    He's under no obligation to do anything. Yearly salaries aren't performance based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Well, if he is VOWING to be better, maybe he will consider a pay cut? He certainly hasn'tbeen playing at the level he negotiated his deal from, back few years ago, so let's talk business instead of emotion here. Restructure his contract, and keep him to his word. If he doesn't man-up, at least we'll be helping the cap situation. If he only plays at a mediocre level, pay him at a mediocre level.
    A restructure isn't a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He's under no obligation to do anything. Yearly salaries aren't performance based.
    Umm, thanks captain obvious..

+ Reply to Thread