+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

All-Pro
    Yeah, he didn't look fired up all year, but people need to also get it out of their heads that he is a vocal leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Care to explain why this funny?
    Two different scenarios. We need Eli, we don't NEED Tuck. In addition, Eli doesn't vow every year to play better knowing he maybe injured, but continues to play and be ineffective. Mind you after a bad play, you see Eli on the sidelines with Gilbride looking at the playbook. Not shaking his head with his hands on his hips. I already know what you're gonna say "Eli needs to play better". Of course he does.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I feel Eli had a bad year this year, and he is making 4X more then Tuck.... Eli 20M vs Tuck 5M
    Eli is making $13 M in 2013 fwiw

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Two different scenarios. We need Eli, we don't NEED Tuck. In addition, Eli doesn't vow every year to play better knowing he maybe injured, but continues to play and be ineffective. Mind you after a bad play, you see Eli on the sidelines with Gilbride looking at the playbook. Not shaking his head with his hands on his hips. I already know what you're gonna say "Eli needs to play better". Of course he does.
    Right so because they need Eli more than Tuck what was said about him playing bad and making so much more does not sound so funny. Oh, and after every throw Eli makes that face, points to something, and bows his head. Not defending Tuck on his sideline attitude.

Right so because they need Eli more than Tuck what was said about him playing bad and making so much more does not sound so funny. Oh, and after every throw Eli makes that face, points to something, and bows his head. Not defending Tuck on his sideline attitude.
    k.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    $5 mil isn't that large a paycheck for a DE; Tuck has been underpaid his entire career.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Well, if he is VOWING to be better, maybe he will consider a pay cut? He certainly hasn'tbeen playing at the level he negotiated his deal from, back few years ago, so let's talk business instead of emotion here. Restructure his contract, and keep him to his word. If he doesn't man-up, at least we'll be helping the cap situation. If he only plays at a mediocre level, pay him at a mediocre level.
    Should the Giants pay him more for the years when he outplayed his deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Leaders have to keep their doubts internal. Show no weakness to friend or foe. I'm more concerned with his mental and emotional weakness than his physical decline.
    I don't buy that he was an integral leader in leading the Giants to two SB's in the last 5 years, but suddenly this year he didn't lead. We really don't know how he leads in the locker room and it seems to me that we are probably judging his leadership based solely upon the outcome of the season (i.e., we did not have a great season so that must mean that Tuck was not a great leader).

eli didnt have a bad year by any means. he just didnt have a great one...tuck was absolutely putrid sans the last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    ^

Did he watch any film of himself contemplating retirement or slobbering over RG3?
    lmao nice one.

Tuck its to late you wimp
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

+ Reply to Thread