+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/23/...level-in-2013/

Excerpt: "New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck is not happy with himself. As he continues to breakdown game film from the 2012 season, he sees a player he doesn't recognize; a player he doesn't want to be. And while attending a Garden of Dreams charity event at MSG on Tuesday night, the veteran lineman vowed to be better in 2013.

ďThatís what itís going to be for me, getting back to the Pro Bowl, All-Pro type status that Iím accustomed to playing at,Ē Tuck said. ďIíve been watching film of myself the last couple weeks and itís just frustrating to see that I havenít played to that standard and thatís going to be a definite focus for me.Ē

Tuck played poorly across the board in 2012, and faded down the stretch. Not only was he failing to reach the quarterback, but also began to suffer against the run. He finished the season with only four sacks Ė his lowest total since 2006 Ė and had little impact elsewhere, failing to force or recover a single fumble." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

yawn...show me.

^

Did he watch any film of himself contemplating retirement or slobbering over RG3?

All-Pro
    His play was disappointing but so was most of the team. Don't see everyone being nearly as tough on other players that didn't perform. So many are talking about making Rolle the captain and he probably played just as bad if not worse and makes to much money. At least Tuck plays the run well.

I vow to be excited when he does.

Is Justin delusional how is this OK. Does that mean he didnt put in the effort to be a great player? If he can just work harder and become a pro Bowl player again then why didnt he put forth the effort the last 2 seasons. Probably will play better isnt it a contract year for him

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Is Justin delusional how is this OK. Does that mean he didnt put in the effort to be a great player? If he can just work harder and become a pro Bowl player again then why didnt he put forth the effort the last 2 seasons. Probably will play better isnt it a contract year for him
    He's just trying to hang onto his large paycheck which now exceeds his contribution to the team. I don't begrudge him that but JR has to wring every last bit of production out of the money he can spend under the cap. JR needs to be the adult in the room and right size Tuck's contract or move on. I expect it to be renegotiated with Tuck retiring a Giant.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    ^

Did he watch any film of himself contemplating retirement or slobbering over RG3?
    lmfao
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I vow to be excited when he does.
    My thoughts exactly. No hard feelings for the guy, but we need someone that produces on the field...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Why are you guys filled with so much hatred towards our star players? Jesus. Tuck could be a 2 time Superbowl MVP for us, as recently as last year, and you guys are completely shredding this guy apart. You guys do the same with Osi. Without those 2, IMO, we dont win superbowls. Lighten up. These are our players. Great players at that. Yeah, they had a down year last year, but who didnt????

I hope Tuck can rebound and think if he truely wants to and can stay healthy, he can. I thought he started playing better towards the end of the year.

Not to mention the man had a seriously emotionally tough off the field year.

5trive for Fiv5

+ Reply to Thread