+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Agree to disagree I guess. Suggest you go back and watch the games again.
    Ha ha . . . my entire argument is that you can't judge a guy's effort by simply looking at his performance on tv. Thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Ha ha . . . my entire argument is that you can't judge a guy's effort by simply looking at his performance on tv. Thanks for the laugh!
    Then we can't jude Eli or anybody else by that logic.
    Finalized Divorced from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Real Pro Bowl Players are there year after year, they don't take time off and whine, sure he got dinged up but the real ones play through it, think Justin has passed up on his dreams of greatness.
    agreed

I'm not going to disagree with anyone who thinks Tuck had a poor season in 2012.

However, this guy was a huge reason why the Giants won 2 Super Bowls.....so if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, he does.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm not going to disagree with anyone who thinks Tuck had a poor season in 2012.However, this guy was a huge reason why the Giants won 2 Super Bowls.....so if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, he does.
    I tend to, and in this case really want to agree, but I don't know that you can discount the fact that he was equally as big a reason we missed the playoffs this year. It took brilliant coaching to motivate him back to par the end of last year which may well indicate that his ability it still there. He also showed flashes here and there this year. If its strictly motivation/drive then I can see him.coming out strong again. If its that PLUS a drop off in talent due to age than I fear our stable is quite thinner than we expected it would be at this point.

i like Tuck and all but he might be fooling himself thinking he will get back to pro bowl status!

i mean hes getting older and i doubt he can get up to that level again!

i am rooting for him and hope he makes it!

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I tend to, and in this case really want to agree, but I don't know that you can discount the fact that he was equally as big a reason we missed the playoffs this year. It took brilliant coaching to motivate him back to par the end of last year which may well indicate that his ability it still there. He also showed flashes here and there this year. If its strictly motivation/drive then I can see him.coming out strong again. If its that PLUS a drop off in talent due to age than I fear our stable is quite thinner than we expected it would be at this point.
    I really can't disagree with you....2012 was just poor. 2011 was similar, until a late season surge.

2013 is really a pivotal year for him.....the team really can't afford another down year from him.

About the only things I can say in this defense are:

2 Time Super Bowl Champ....he has shown up in big games.
    We've seen what he can do...when he is at the top of his game, he's among the best in the business.
    He's got great character....granted, he can get a little mopey, but he's not a locker room cancer, or an off-field embarrassment.
    He recognizes the urgent need to return to form.

Based mainly on the fact that he's performed at a high level in the past, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt in 2013.....HOWEVER, I want to see guys like Ojomo push Tuck hard in the preseason.....Tuck should have to fight to keep his starting status.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Because body language isn't visible.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    i like Tuck and all but he might be fooling himself thinking he will get back to pro bowl status!

i mean hes getting older and i doubt he can get up to that level again!

i am rooting for him and hope he makes it!
    He just does not seem like he has the fire to get back to that level.
    In fact his moods seem to range from nonchalant to down right mopey.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Because body language isn't visible.
    Please explain what body language you saw from Tuck on TV that confirmed that he wasn't giving 100% effort on the field. Specific examples are welcomed.

+ Reply to Thread