+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Justin Tuck Vows To Return To All Pro Level In 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Please explain what body language you saw from Tuck on TV that confirmed that he wasn't giving 100% effort on the field. Specific examples are welcomed.
    Giving up on plays (So obvious), most of the time he was on the sidelines sulking. Shaking his head. In his interviews, came off as careless. Just wasnt emptionally there this year.
    I thought we had something special!!!

All-Pro
    Never saw him give up on a play. Now seeing him not make a play, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Giving up on plays (So obvious), most of the time he was on the sidelines sulking. Shaking his head. In his interviews, came off as careless. Just wasnt emptionally there this year.
    Sorry, never saw him once give up on a play all year. Can you provide specific examples? Maybe I just missed it.

Sulking and shaking his head . . . is that really unusual for a guy who feels like he isn't performing up to his usual standards? Would you rather have him smiling and laughing in interviews after he hasn't performed?
    Last edited by TCHOF; 01-24-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Sorry, never saw him once give up on a play all year. Can you provide specific examples? Maybe I just missed it.Sulking and shaking his head . . . is that really unusual for a guy who feels like he isn't performing up to his usual standards? Would you rather have him smiling and laughing in interviews after he hasn't performed?
    I would rather him 1.) Give someone else a chance to play if he's hurt/Not feeling well 2.) Stop talking about bouncing back and actually get healthy and do so.

I would rather him 1.) Give someone else a chance to play if he's hurt/Not feeling well 2.) Stop talking about bouncing back and actually get healthy and do so.
    What if that someone else (I assume that you are referring to Ojomo and/or Tracey) couldn't match even Tuck's depleted production?

What if that someone else (I assume that you are referring to Ojomo and/or Tracey) couldn't match even Tuck's depleted production?
    How would you know that for sure?

At least you'll get someone with fire in their belly. Tuck, whether it be to injuries or other factors, just doesn't seem to have that fire he possessed 3-4 years ago. He appears complacent to me and many,many others not including yourself obviously. I am grateful that he helped bring home 2 Lombardi's, and yes, I believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt for that reason alone, I'm just saying what I saw which can be interpreted differently by you and I. He will never say he isn't able to get the job done anymore, no player would, and I'm not asking for him to say that. Just show some life, that's all.

Only the coaching staff would really know and common sense would dictate that someone of Tracy's size is just not a good fit for a large amount of snaps on the DL. Ojomo might just be too raw or perhaps he isn't doing the right things at practice to gain play time?

Anyway, this is one of those few times I will use blind faith. Something just tells me Tuck will bounce back for one more good season.

You or I wouldn't, but I'm presuming that the coaches who watch the players every day in practice would (or should).
    Last edited by TCHOF; 01-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread