+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tim Brown Says Bill Callahan Sabotaged Super Bowl XXXVII.....

Tim Brown Says Bill Callahan Sabotaged Super Bowl XXXVII.....

"We all called it sabotage ... because Callahan and Gruden were good friends. And Callahan had a big problem with the Raiders, you know, hated the Raiders. You know, only came because Gruden made him come. Literally walked off the field on us a couple of times during the season when he first got there, the first couple years."

Callahan released a statement Tuesday night saying he "categorically and unequivocally" denied the allegations.

Jerry Rice said the Raiders' game plan did change on the Friday before the Super Bowl and the team was surprised by that, "because you worked all week long on running the football." On Friday, Callahan put in a new plan that had the team throwing the ball more than 60 times.
    "Why would you wait to the last second to change the game plan?" Rice said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...wl-xxxvii-loss

Hard for me to believe that a coach would lose a Super Bowl because he hates his owner. Winning a super bowl can change the course of your career and the career of your players.

But with that being said, why would a coach totally change the game plan the friday before the super bowl????? That's basically your last practice before the big game.

Tim Brown and Jerry Rice come off looking like total morons in this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Hard for me to believe that a coach would lose a Super Bowl because he hates his owner. Winning a super bowl can change the course of your career and the career of your players.

But with that being said, why would a coach totally change the game plan the friday before the super bowl????? That's basically your last practice before the big game.
    I agree. Throwing a Super Bowl would be career suicide. In today's world there are very few secrets and I would think something like this would come to light and be expected to come to light. As for why he changed the gameplan? Who knows, but even in their Super Bowl year the Raiders were in disarray. I know Romanowski came out in a radio interview and said it was the players' fault they lost, not the coach's.

+ Reply to Thread