Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with you here, besides the fact that the coaches love him and the players look up to him the kid is a natural leader. Instinctive, physical, already at a prototypically good size for a 4-3 MLB thumper. Sure, he can get better in coverage but overall he make that up in athleticisim. Nico Johnos is also a great pick where he would fall to 3rd-4th but analyst have Minter jumping up to top 20 first round. There is a big drop in talent from Minter to Johnson.

Edit:
Minter is a physical downhill linebacker, who plays decisive and tough with an attacking play style. He shows little wasted movements and plays with an infectious intensity that his teammates feed off of, earning praise for his attitude on and off the field by the coaching staff. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has called Minter the team's top competitor, and, at the end-of-season banquet, Minter was voted by his teammates as the team's most valuable player. While Te'o appears to be the consensus top prospect at his position, it wouldn't be surprising if some teams rank Minter as the better inside linebacker. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

- "I would be ecstatic to have him in blue and move chase over to SLB while Boley/Williams man the WILL."
Yup, Minters better then Nico Johnson.. Minter is much more productive player, and like u said, albeit, hes not great in coverge, hes better then Nico Johnson, and with a attitude and work ethic like Minter, he can only get better.. Hes the kinda kid who needs to be added to the team with a JPP, so we can start assembling guys who try every snap and have tireless work ethics.. I think Minter is a future probowl type player..