+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you here, besides the fact that the coaches love him and the players look up to him the kid is a natural leader. Instinctive, physical, already at a prototypically good size for a 4-3 MLB thumper. Sure, he can get better in coverage but overall he make that up in athleticisim. Nico Johnos is also a great pick where he would fall to 3rd-4th but analyst have Minter jumping up to top 20 first round. There is a big drop in talent from Minter to Johnson.

Edit:
    Minter is a physical downhill linebacker, who plays decisive and tough with an attacking play style. He shows little wasted movements and plays with an infectious intensity that his teammates feed off of, earning praise for his attitude on and off the field by the coaching staff. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has called Minter the team's top competitor, and, at the end-of-season banquet, Minter was voted by his teammates as the team's most valuable player. While Te'o appears to be the consensus top prospect at his position, it wouldn't be surprising if some teams rank Minter as the better inside linebacker. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

- "I would be ecstatic to have him in blue and move chase over to SLB while Boley/Williams man the WILL."
    Yup, Minters better then Nico Johnson.. Minter is much more productive player, and like u said, albeit, hes not great in coverge, hes better then Nico Johnson, and with a attitude and work ethic like Minter, he can only get better.. Hes the kinda kid who needs to be added to the team with a JPP, so we can start assembling guys who try every snap and have tireless work ethics.. I think Minter is a future probowl type player..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Yup, Minters better then Nico Johnson.. Minter is much more productive player, and like u said, albeit, hes not great in coverge, hes better then Nico Johnson, and with a attitude and work ethic like Minter, he can only get better.. Hes the kinda kid who needs to be added to the team with a JPP, so we can start assembling guys who try every snap and have tireless work ethics.. I think Minter is a future probowl type player..
    Taking minter in the first or second would be a mistake imo. Taking bruce taylor or nico johnson in the later rounds would be much better vallue and quite honestly imo not much of a different in talent. Minter isn't the best in coverage either and overruns tackles and takes poor angles for such a high pick. Plus, he seems to run the opposite of pigeon toed (can't remember the name for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Taking minter in the first or second would be a mistake imo. Taking bruce taylor or nico johnson in the later rounds would be much better vallue and quite honestly imo not much of a different in talent. Minter isn't the best in coverage either and overruns tackles and takes poor angles for such a high pick. Plus, he seems to run the opposite of pigeon toed (can't remember the name for it).
    No way.. Nico Johnson and Bruce Taylor are both guys whos production isn't close to that of Kevin Minters, and also aren't nearly as mobile and athletic as Minter, even though its not Minters fortay either.. Bruce Taylor was impressive in his bowl game, and i liked what i saw, but i really don't think he fits the giants kinda defense..

We need Swarming players, and a MLB whos at least adequete at dropping into coverege, and Minter is better then both Johnson and Taylor at that, and hes better at getting to all parts of the field better as well, as opposed to taylor and Johnson,. who are both 2down straight line thumpers.. Minters a thumper, but hes also somewhat of a playmaker, and is a bit underrated at getting all over the field and not just straight ahead.. U don't have 20tackle and 19tackle games, unless ur all over the field, u just don't.. Nico JOhnson and Bruce Taylor coulden't dream of being that active...

I highly doubt Lane Johnson or Xavier Rhodes are available at #31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I highly doubt Lane Johnson or Xavier Rhodes are available at #31.
    All depends on how fast Rhodes runs at the combine. If he is in the 4.5's id say he'll be there late. He's really good at slowing down the WR with his hands, but I'm not seeing that elite speed from his tape.

To the OP - Kiko Alonso is a steal in the 3rd? I beg to differ. He's a 5th-7th and could go undrafted. He's slow, takes bad angles...etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you here, besides the fact that the coaches love him and the players look up to him the kid is a natural leader. Instinctive, physical, already at a prototypically good size for a 4-3 MLB thumper. Sure, he can get better in coverage but overall he make that up in athleticisim. Nico Johnos is also a great pick where he would fall to 3rd-4th but analyst have Minter jumping up to top 20 first round. There is a big drop in talent from Minter to Johnson.

Edit:
    Minter is a physical downhill linebacker, who plays decisive and tough with an attacking play style. He shows little wasted movements and plays with an infectious intensity that his teammates feed off of, earning praise for his attitude on and off the field by the coaching staff. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has called Minter the team's top competitor, and, at the end-of-season banquet, Minter was voted by his teammates as the team's most valuable player. While Te'o appears to be the consensus top prospect at his position, it wouldn't be surprising if some teams rank Minter as the better inside linebacker. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

- "I would be ecstatic to have him in blue and move chase over to SLB while Boley/Williams man the WILL."
    Those are reasons I like Nico. He's listed at 6'3 245 (probably closer to 6'2). Minter is listed at 6'2 245. So their size is the same. AND, Nico Johnson is also one of the team leaders and looked up to among the team. If Minter played at Alabama, he would have been in the exact same position as Nico. He'd be pulled on passing downs, getting less playing time and dropping down the draft. Both are great against the run and have question marks in how they are in coverage. I guess I just don't see how someone can say Minter fits our system and not Nico, if you are concerned about getting a LB that can drop into coverage. Anyone who plays for Nick Saban and lasts until their senior year is a competitor.

EDIT: I definitely think Minter is more of a thumper and definitely swarms into plays and is a playmaker. That's why I like him and why he's a higher rated prospect.... I do not think his is more mobile than Nico though. Nico seems thinner in the hips and legs and looks like he moves better, which is why I think he'd better in coverage... Minter seems like he can see where a play is going and gets there quickly and with power but seems more like a straightline LB to me. It will be interesting to see what their times are the combine/pro day. There's a reason that Minter is the better prospect, he's a manimal. But don't really think he's more mobile... definitely more powerful.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 01-24-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Does anyone know where I can find more tape of Bruce Taylor? I only watched him in his bowl game and he looked great. A perfect mid to late round selection for us, allowing our first and second picks to be used on cb/ol/de.

All depends on how fast Rhodes runs at the combine. If he is in the 4.5's id say he'll be there late. He's really good at slowing down the WR with his hands, but I'm not seeing that elite speed from his tape.

To the OP - Kiko Alonso is a steal in the 3rd? I beg to differ. He's a 5th-7th and could go undrafted. He's slow, takes bad angles...etc.
    High 4.5s I agree. He's expected to run the low 4.5s (which wouldn't change his stock from what it is now more than likely) and has been timed as sub 4.5 which will only raise his stock if he pulls that at the Combine.

Veteran
    No offense but i don't think you have watched any of his tape if your calling him slow and takes bad angles, and I don't know where you're getting your draft info from but this kid has been a sleeper for some time now and his stock is going to rise with the senior bowl and combine. he is Athletic and fast, and has play making ability. I think he has been hampered with some knee (not sure) issues but he stated hes close to 100%.

- Alonso entered Saturday's showdown having already posted 42 tackles, including eight tackles for loss and a sack on the season. He's also proved to be a turnover magnet, registering two interceptions and has both forced and recovered a fumble. Despite playing the same position, Alonso isn't a mauler in the middle like Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, the unquestioned top inside linebacker in the country. Whereas the Irish star has the perfect build for stuffing the run at 6-2, 255 pounds, Alonso has a slimmer, more athletic build at 6-3, 242 pounds that some scouts believe could make him valuable in the NFL because he'll likely be able to play all three positions in a normal 4-3 alignment. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

ok,,not a chance in hell they trade back,,jerry values his picks too much.

+ Reply to Thread