+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mock 1.3

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I highly doubt Lane Johnson or Xavier Rhodes are available at #31.
    Lane maybe not. Rhodes can be there. Most mocks I see put xavier in the second round or late first. this is pre combine projections we don't know squat for sure until after combines, ansah can go top 5 or top 5 second round for all we know, pure speculation right now.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    ok,,not a chance in hell they trade back,,jerry values his picks too much.
    How much did he value his picks when he shipped off a 5th rounder for Rivers? Trading back to get more picks is the smartest thing to do. Like my boy Sportzfan said all the underclass men entering this draft plus the fact that two extra guys are on the board due to (NO and CLE) not having their 2nd round picks. we can get some 2014 first rounders in the second round.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    No offense but i don't think you have watched any of his tape if your calling him slow and takes bad angles, and I don't know where you're getting your draft info from but this kid has been a sleeper for some time now and his stock is going to rise with the senior bowl and combine. he is Athletic and fast, and has play making ability. I think he has been hampered with some knee (not sure) issues but he stated hes close to 100%.

- Alonso entered Saturday's showdown having already posted 42 tackles, including eight tackles for loss and a sack on the season. He's also proved to be a turnover magnet, registering two interceptions and has both forced and recovered a fumble. Despite playing the same position, Alonso isn't a mauler in the middle like Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, the unquestioned top inside linebacker in the country. Whereas the Irish star has the perfect build for stuffing the run at 6-2, 255 pounds, Alonso has a slimmer, more athletic build at 6-3, 242 pounds that some scouts believe could make him valuable in the NFL because he'll likely be able to play all three positions in a normal 4-3 alignment. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
    is this the same kid who was suspended an entire season for robbing somebody?

Veteran
    is this the same kid who was suspended an entire season for robbing somebody?
    yep

Burlgary the person was not in the home. some character issues but nothing we have not dealt with before.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If i was 2 make that trade, and could fill our draft out, i'd go like this.. 1). Kevin Minter ILB LSU2). Desmond Trufant CB Washington(i think poyer and rhodes gone by mid 2nd)2). Datone Jones DE UCLA(really climbing up my personal rankings, even though i've always liked em, i'm liking em more)3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia(might not be available, but at least a shot)4). Brian Winters G/T Kent St.5). Levine Toilolo TE Stanford6). TJ Johnson C/G South Carolina7). Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock
    Sportzfan,I respect your knowledge of prospects, but I just don't get your love of Rambo. Kid looks like he doesn't want to hit anyone and avoids contact. Who was the last great safety to do that? Much rather Phil Thomas out of Fresno St...ballhawk who looks for contact.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    How much did he value his picks when he shipped off a 5th rounder for Rivers? Trading back to get more picks is the smartest thing to do. Like my boy Sportzfan said all the underclass men entering this draft plus the fact that two extra guys are on the board due to (NO and CLE) not having their 2nd round picks. we can get some 2014 first rounders in the second round.
    your comparing a 1st rounder, 19th overall to a fifth round pick,, I stopped reading right there,,,there will be too many cant pass prospects at 19 to trade,,won't happen. value as in 1st rounders.

Veteran
    your comparing a 1st rounder, 19th overall to a fifth round pick,, I stopped reading right there,,,there will be too many cant pass prospects at 19 to trade,,won't happen. value as in 1st rounders.
    then stop posting as well if your not going to read the full thing.
    You said reese values his picks, him shipping off a 5th for a player with an injury history is not the book term description of valuing. whether it be first or 7th when you say someone values their picks that to me means they are not parting ways with any of them no matter where they are slated. You also just don't see the bigger picture, you think " hey were at 19 we can get that sure fire stud there, that guys that's going to come in and miraculously change the unit he plays for." I see great value in the later rounds and if it means trading back not out of the first by no means just back a bit to acquire a couple more picks in a round where there is talent, i don't see why this is not widely accepted or is it just you?

@Katdaddyjay 17h

The scenario of trading back is always enticing even more when you get a pick back . I think its gona be difficult to see Lane or Rhodes at the end of the first, some experts are mocking them higher because of their skills and team needs but if by any chance this could get thru I'm in. I have Wagner and Cyprien in my mock draft too and your other picks fill nice balance between need vs BPA.

+ Reply to Thread