+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Giants Keep Or Dump: Chris Canty

Ask to restructure, if not then bye bye.

Banned
    Looks like the Giants might have to eat some of these contracts and bring back a few of these underachieving players or it's gonna be cap hit hell in Jersey. I'm glad I'm not in charge.

at first i was gonna write "keep him" and not even think twice...but then I read the article, and we can recoup 6.5 mil to the cap by releasing him??? id release him then try to re-sign him cheap...6.5 back to the cap goes a long way with how that money can be allotted...wow, the 1 high priced guy we can actually cut and save a lot of cap room happens to be the guy i vehemently defended and supported on here...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's under contract, how much will cutting him cost us?
    seeing as 8.2 is owed to him, and by cutting him we would get back 6.5 towards our cap, i'd assume its simple math; 8.2-6.5 equals 1.7 million?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    seeing as 8.2 is owed to him, and by cutting him we would get back 6.5 towards our cap, i'd assume its simple math; 8.2-6.5 equals 1.7 million?
    Yes, Confirmed. 6.5 mil extra in cap space for 2013 and 6.75 mil extra for 2014's cap if released.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/chris-canty/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Who can we part ways with & actually save $$? Canty,webster,boley,rolle,tuck,diehl?> Anyone?
    I would like to know the answer to that

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Who can we part ways with & actually save $$? Canty,webster,boley,rolle,tuck,diehl?> Anyone?
    All of the free agents
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    According to the article, the contract is 8.2mm, and cutting him would clear 6.5mm

I like Canty, but that's a pretty heavy cap hit....would much rather see them use that to attact a top-end linebacker.
    And what's the CAP hit for 2014?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    I don't never got the time to ever understand how the cap works and what type of hits we'll take if we release certain players. Not dumb just don't got the time. Thank goodness for this board and the people that help clarifying all this. Some of you guys need to go get laid lol.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If we cut a player and still have a $5M hit under the CAP, what's the point?
    According to the article, if they cut him they would recoup 6.5 of the 8.2 cap hit. Not sure that I want to see him cut, but this looks like an obvious one to clear up space... assuming they can get a viable replacement for less.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

+ Reply to Thread