+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL Even though he was injured in 2012, he still played pretty well when he played.
    More accurately, the play by his replacements when he was out was particularly poor.

Bring him back at reduced price.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    That has to be a restructure....he's solid in the middle!
    The entire line was like marshmallows all year. Maybe we were watching different defenses.

Bench Player
    KEEP HIM! We are getting a player in 2013-2014 that basically had a year off. He is a heady player with great respect inside the locker room and on the field. His philanthropic efforts though the Chris Canty Foundation helps thousands of kids in the NY metropolitan area, around the country, and internationally.

i have been a Giants fan since Y.A., Del Shofner, Sam Huff, Andy Robustelli, and Spider. Canty is a man that represents the Giants the way Wellington would have wanted.

Canty is a WINNER!!! (and a native New Yawkah!)

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BKMon View Post
    KEEP HIM! We are getting a player in 2013-2014 that basically had a year off. He is a heady player with great respect inside the locker room and on the field. His philanthropic efforts though the Chris Canty Foundation helps thousands of kids in the NY metropolitan area, around the country, and internationally.

i have been a Giants fan since Y.A., Del Shofner, Sam Huff, Andy Robustelli, and Spider. Canty is a man that represents the Giants the way Wellington would have wanted.

Canty is a WINNER!!! (and a native New Yawkah!)
    So we should keep a mediocre defensive tackle, whos always hurt. And over pay him just because he has foundation???

Bench Player
    He can still play and should be given the opportunity to lose his position. Off-field activities speak solely to his character and work ethic.

One ot the signings of Reese I didn't like. Yet started to like him down the line but Reese still gave him too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Overpaid? Definitely. But I think he stays mainly because who else do we have to replace him? Keep in mind, we're in win now mode.
    Yeah you are right about that.

Starter
    We can't dump him unless we get a solid impact player to take his place.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    According to the article, the contract is 8.2mm, and cutting him would clear 6.5mm

I like Canty, but that's a pretty heavy cap hit....would much rather see them use that to attact a top-end linebacker.
    Linebackers? The Giants dont need LB's according to Jerry Reese. It seems to him LB's are overrated.

You would think they would get the hint when our safety's are
    make plays 20 yds down the field on 5 yd crossing routes!!!