+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 168 REC, 2,628 yards, 15.6 YPC, 19 TD

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Exactly so.
    To me, Cruz's 2012 season was nothing less than a validation of his 2011 season.
    He proved that he wasn't a one season wonder.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To me, Cruz's 2012 season was nothing less than a validation of his 2011 season.
    He proved that he wasn't a one season wonder.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Whose numbers are those you ask?

Victor Cruz in two years.

Comparison?

Nicks 2 Years:

126 REC, 1,842 yards, 17 TD

Dez 2 years:

110 REC, 1,489 yards, 15 TD

First Three Years:

Hakeem Nicks:

202 REC, 3,034 yards, 15.3 YPC, 24 TD

----------------------------------------------------------

Dez Bryant:

200 catches, 2871 yards, 14.4 ypc, 27 TDs

Brandon Marshall:

226 catches, 2899 yards, 12.8 ypc, 15 TDs

Calvin Johnson:

193 catches, 3071 yards, 15.9 ypc, 21 TDs

Andre Johnson:

208 catches, 2806 yards, 13.4 ypc, 12 TDs

Larry Fitzgerald:

230 catches, 3135 yards, 13.6 ypc, 24 TDs

Demaryius Thomas:

148 catches, 2268 yards, 15.3 ypc, 16 TDs

Michael Irvin:

78 catches, 1445 yards, 18.5 ypc, 12 TDs

Cris Carter:

111 catches, 1779 yards, 16.0 ypc, 20 TDs

Jerry Rice:

200 catches, 3575 yards, 17.8 ypc, 40 TDs

Terrell Owens:

162 catches, 2553 yards, 15.7 ypc, 26 TDs

Randy Moss:

226 catches, 4163 yards, 18.4 ypc, 43 TDs

Nicks when healthy is a top 5 receiver but Cruz is no drop off. Have to lock both of them up without question. No ifs ands or buts about it. Cruz is a special special receiver. If we let him get away I would cry.

His first two years he put up jaw dropping numbers..... just outstanding
    I'm curious. Do you see Wes Welker as a special, special receiver as well? His productivity is through the roof as well. Yet, the Patriots still hesitate to re-sign him to a more lucrative contract.

There's a big difference between Cruz and most of the WRs listed. The (most) ones listed are big, strong, physical WRs that can make the tough catch in traffic. They are far less reliant on "getting separation" than Cruz is. Honestly, I don't think Cruz is that kind of WR that warrants top dollar. His skillset is more easily replaced than most of the WRs listed.

Don't get me wrong. I love him to death. But for top dollar (assuming he asks that much), I'd take many other WRs in the league over him. Numbers don't lie. He definitely no one year wonder. But he lacks the physicality that warrants the big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I'm curious. Do you see Wes Welker as a special, special receiver as well? His productivity is through the roof as well. Yet, the Patriots still hesitate to re-sign him to a more lucrative contract.

There's a big difference between Cruz and most of the WRs listed. The (most) ones listed are big, strong, physical WRs that can make the tough catch in traffic. They are far less reliant on "getting separation" than Cruz is. Honestly, I don't think Cruz is that kind of WR that warrants top dollar. His skillset is more easily replaced than most of the WRs listed.

Don't get me wrong. I love him to death. But for top dollar (assuming he asks that much), I'd take many other WRs in the league over him. Numbers don't lie. He definitely no one year wonder. But he lacks the physicality that warrants the big contract.
    "Lacks the physicality that warrants the big contract" is a bit silly.

Can he catch the ball? Can he run? Can he catch and run? Can he score? Is he a reliable target? These are aspects that matter, and Cruz conforms to them in a big way.

For example, I'm not saying he's yet at the level of Roddy White--although Cruz's 2 year numbers are actually a little better than White's, the past 2 years--but Cruz is the same size as White. Is White not worth "the big contract"?

Cruz isn't in his 30s, nor does he keep killing drives in the post-season.

His numbers will determine his price tag. In two years he has been very impressive, despite his drops. I don't know what physicality has to do with his numbers.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    He was on ir his first year. He Was older, and thus closer to his prime than virtually all of those guys during the two years

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    He was on ir his first year. He Was older, and thus closer to his prime than virtually all of those guys during the two years
    I rather have a 21 year old receiver than a 25 year old receiver. I suppose each individual ages differently but I know I personally started running into problems at the age of 24-25 with flexibility issues and back pain. I'm 30 and a shell of my former self athletically.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    I rather have a 21 year old receiver than a 25 year old receiver. I suppose each individual ages differently but I know I personally started running into problems at the age of 24-25 with flexibility issues and back pain. I'm 30 and a shell of my former self athletically.
    Generally speaking, an NFL player is better at age 25 as opposed to him being 21...

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Generally speaking, an NFL player is better at age 25 as opposed to him being 21...
    Agreed, but is the improvement age related or rather because the WR develops chemistry with the QB over time and knows the playbook better and better?

I don't think Cruz's stats first two years are anything to scoff at. What probably helped him out the most was he was unheralded coming out of college and I'm sure teams didn't forge a strong game plan based on his skills.

+ Reply to Thread