+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 168 REC, 2,628 yards, 15.6 YPC, 19 TD

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i dont look at it from a "how much he dropped off" perspective. I knew he wasn't going to match the 2011 yr statistically when the Nicks issue became clear. You can't gloss over how, while he did not produce the same numbers, he did still have an extremely productive year while often being completely focused on by defenses bc the lack of a threat Nicks became hobbled...if you really think about it, this past year is almost more impressive than 2011 in that, 2011 he had nicks taking massive amounts of attention off cruz. cruz had no such luxury this year, and still produced an exceptional year...
    I don't know if I agree with this season being more impressive than last, but it at least proved that Cruz could be a number 1. However, I must say that I think Cruz would benefit more from Nicks than Nicks from Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I was simply saying it's premature to list Cruz with the likes of Moss, Rice, etc.
    I know you were.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Cruz is better with a healthy Nicks on the field and Nicks is better with Cruz on the field.
    Agree on this also... tell me, do you think the production was hurt by the loss of Manningham?

i dont look at it from a "how much he dropped off" perspective. I knew he wasn't going to match the 2011 yr statistically when the Nicks issue became clear. You can't gloss over how, while he did not produce the same numbers, he did still have an extremely productive year while often being completely focused on by defenses bc the lack of a threat Nicks became hobbled...if you really think about it, this past year is almost more impressive than 2011 in that, 2011 he had nicks taking massive amounts of attention off cruz. cruz had no such luxury this year, and still produced an exceptional year...
    He most definitley had a productive 2nd year - but the reason it appears as a dropoff is because of how spectactular and impressive 2010 was.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I don't know if I agree with this season being more impressive than last, but it at least proved that Cruz could be a number 1. However, I must say that I think Cruz would benefit more from Nicks than Nicks from Cruz.
    yeah ur right i worded that poorly. i should have said, "in some ways, this season was almost more impressive than last."

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Agree on this also... tell me, do you think the production was hurt by the loss of Manningham?
    Personally, no, but I am in the minority on that. Hixon served us well after Mario went to greener pastures.

2012 GP GS YDS YPC LNG TD FUMB
    MANNINGHAM 12 10 449 10.7 40 1 2
    HIXON 13 3 567 14.5 41 2 0
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-24-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Personally, no, but I am in the minority on that. Hixon served us well after Mario went to greener pastures.

Teams had to account for Manningham because of his speed and explosiveness. Giants definitely missed him this year.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

His injury aside...MM clearly made a huge mistake going to SF. Its a run first, run second offense. Its where WR's go to die.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    His injury aside...MM clearly made a huge mistake going to SF. Its a run first, run second offense. Its where WR's go to die.
    You're correct, although Mario did have the misfortune to go to Niners the year Crabtree--4 years late--finally chose to play like a 1st rd pick. Even at that, however, he produced a little less than the undrafted Cruz this year (Cruz's so-called "drop off" season, ha ha ha).

Exactly so.

+ Reply to Thread