+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 168 REC, 2,628 yards, 15.6 YPC, 19 TD

Starter
    those are some pretty cool numbers and stats and puts it in perspective because I didn't realize how impressive they were. However it's unfair to compare his numbers to others especially guys who started there careers years before his. The NFL has changed so much and passing is so much easier so recieving stats will be slightly inflated. I'm not bashing Cruz cuz I love him and hope we keep him long term and I'm sure we will but it's hard to compare some of those numbers. If anything it will make resigning him harder lol
    NYG

Unless we draft ridiculously well or find some bargains, I highly doubt we re-sign both Cruz and Nicks. We have other pressing needs. I can't think of a team that has 2 top tier payed WRs. It's usually they have one guy with a big contract, and the second on his rookie/original contract. And when it's time to pay the second guy, they let the top paid WR go.

cruz is a top priorty for us we behind will beatty
    FUTURE NFL STAR

he gets aligator arms though....right.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Nicks on the field helps his numbers, I hope you know that. He disappeared at the end of the season when Nicks wasn't himself because teams focused on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Nicks on the field helps his numbers, I hope you know that. He disappeared at the end of the season when Nicks wasn't himself because teams focused on him.
    201 yards and 4 TDs over the three games Nicks missed?

Just for arguments sake (because I also firmly believe Cruz needs to remain a Giant)

Cruz had nearly a 500 yard drop (1 more td) than the year prior. Other than the last minute td pass against the skins, he didnt have the home run plays like the year prior against Seattle, Philly and the Jets for example. Most of those receivers listed increased their production as time went on, not decreased.

In September/early October Cruz was well on his way to hit 1500 yds again but definitely tailed off in the last half of the season. So whats the norm? Is he an 1,100 yd/season guy or a 1,500 yd season guy?

I think its reasonable to expect 1200 yds/season out of him, but I could also see him getting closer to that 1500 yd number i only by fixing his sometimes concentration issues.

Im just wondering with his contract in the works, how far apart Cruz and the Giants actually are. I'd love to see him locked up for 7yrs/6-7 mil a year, but if the Cruz camp think he's the 1500 yd/season guy I'm afraid that the Giants might only get to sign him for a couple of years and then Cruz really looks for the "elite" contract before he hits 30.

Just spitballin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Just for arguments sake (because I also firmly believe Cruz needs to remain a Giant)

Cruz had nearly a 500 yard drop (1 more td) than the year prior. Other than the last minute td pass against the skins, he didnt have the home run plays like the year prior against Seattle, Philly and the Jets for example. Most of those receivers listed increased their production as time went on, not decreased.

In September/early October Cruz was well on his way to hit 1500 yds again but definitely tailed off in the last half of the season. So whats the norm? Is he an 1,100 yd/season guy or a 1,500 yd season guy?

I think its reasonable to expect 1200 yds/season out of him, but I could also see him getting closer to that 1500 yd number i only by fixing his sometimes concentration issues.

Im just wondering with his contract in the works, how far apart Cruz and the Giants actually are. I'd love to see him locked up for 7yrs/6-7 mil a year, but if the Cruz camp think he's the 1500 yd/season guy I'm afraid that the Giants might only get to sign him for a couple of years and then Cruz really looks for the "elite" contract before he hits 30.

Just spitballin.
    i dont look at it from a "how much he dropped off" perspective. I knew he wasn't going to match the 2011 yr statistically when the Nicks issue became clear. You can't gloss over how, while he did not produce the same numbers, he did still have an extremely productive year while often being completely focused on by defenses bc the lack of a threat Nicks became hobbled...if you really think about it, this past year is almost more impressive than 2011 in that, 2011 he had nicks taking massive amounts of attention off cruz. cruz had no such luxury this year, and still produced an exceptional year...

Is there a particular reason that you've used the numbers rookie and sophomore numbers for Nicks and Bryant? Just curious.

I realize that Cruz was injured for the majority of the season and didn't truly have a rookie season, but then again, he didn't have a 'rookie season'. A little more time to grow and familiarize with the playbook before being actually thrown out there, didn't play with the injuries that Nicks and Bryant did, and so on and so forth.

He would still lead in most categories

Cruz: 168 Rec 2,628 YDS 274 Targets 19 TDs
    Nicks: 155 Rec 2,244 YDS 261 Targets 18 TDs
    Dez: 155 Rec 2,310 YDS 241 Targets 21 TDs

Averages--
    Cruz: 82 yds/gm 5.3 rec/gm 8.5 targets/game 15.6 yds/catch 9.59 yards/target .59 TDs/gm
    Nicks: 80 yds/gm 5.5 rec/gm 9.3 targets/game 14.5 yds/catch 8.59 yards/target .64 TDs/gm
    Dez: 74 yds/gm 5.0 rec/gm 7.7 targets/game 14.9 yds/catch 9.58 yards/target .67 TDs/gm

*edit: Numbers pulled from each players 2nd and 3rd years in the league.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 01-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post

Just spitballin.
    Cruz is better with a healthy Nicks on the field and Nicks is better with Cruz on the field.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread