+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Speaking of a guy who want PF fired.......

Oh and BTW...the scheme you have been advocating is that of Spags. Interestingly enough his defense gave up the most yards in NFL history this season. The league is changing Dez. Press coverage is dangerous with these mobile QB's.
    Quick question. Would you want PF back in 2014 if the Giants defense performs at a similar level in 2013 as it did in 2012?

If your answer is yes, you should prepare yourself to be dissapointed because the Giants will can his arse. 2012 was PF's mulligan (He gets one due to the Giants Superbowl run) and I don't expect the Giants to give him a 2nd.

Banned
    I would be surprised if he leaves this year.

Of course he won't.
    But it does give us something to talk about.
    Never a loss for topics here lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Revis is one of the best CB ever. He abused the likes of Nicks and Dez in 2011. If we don't look into this further i'll be disappointed.
    Show me the Carfax
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Quick question. Would you want PF back in 2014 if the Giants defense performs at a similar level in 2013 as it did in 2012?

If your answer is yes, you should prepare yourself to be dissapointed because the Giants will can his arse. 2012 was PF's mulligan (He gets one due to the Giants Superbowl run) and I don't expect the Giants to give him a 2nd.
    If we had the players in place and still played poor defensively, then yes. If the problem next year isn't coaching...then probably not.
    We know this DC can field a good defense because we saw it in the playoffs in 2011.
    My view is that essentially, its poor play by the players and not the coaching.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    they are over the cap already with 22 FA's they need to lock up JPP,Cruz,Nicks and Beatty at the min there is no way they can afford a 12 Million dollar a year CB. They would also likely have to part with 2 1st round picks
    The Jets will NOT get 2 1sts for Revis. Especially not off an ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Revis is one of the best CB ever. He abused the likes of Nicks and Dez in 2011. If we don't look into this further i'll be disappointed.
    Prepare to be disappointed. Especially when you can sign 2 or 3 quality players for the amount of money Revis will want. And the headache of him threatening to hold out every other year for a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed. Especially when you can sign 2 or 3 quality players for the amount of money Revis will want. And the headache of him threatening to hold out every other year for a new contract.
    he would have to agree on a long term deal with his new team before a trade was made I would think,,which is why I dont see him leaving the jets until next year. nobody is giving up anything of value and paying him at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    he would have to agree on a long term deal with his new team before a trade was made I would think,,which is why I dont see him leaving the jets until next year. nobody is giving up anything of value and paying him at the same time.
    I agree. He will need to show that he can still play at a high level after the injury. The Jets are between a rock and a hard place here. The injury reduces his trade value right now and he's a FA after next season. If I were them I would make him play it out next year and get a 3rd round compensatory pick. 1 additional season plus a third is probably better than a second.

His value is only high on the Giants MB.
    Get well soon 80.

I agree. He will need to show that he can still play at a high level after the injury. The Jets are between a rock and a hard place here. The injury reduces his trade value right now and he's a FA after next season. If I were them I would make him play it out next year and get a 3rd round compensatory pick. 1 additional season plus a third is probably better than a second.

His value is only high on the Giants MB.
    the jets really screwed themselves by letting everyone know he was available,,it makes them look desperate to trade him.