+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the jets really screwed themselves by letting everyone know he was available,,it makes them look desperate to trade him.
    Nah. It just lets people know that the Jets will actually entertain a trade. I'm sure most GMs would just assume that he wasn't available (or only at a ridiculous price).

Eli for Tebow and Revis, and we save money! Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    We should make a move because it might make "huge media news"? I think that you have mistaken this board for the Jets message board.
    Please reread my post slowly so it can be comprehended easier. I said it would make huge media news. Not the reason why the Giants should trade for him, however as a reaction to the splash in free agency pick ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Nah. It just lets people know that the Jets will actually entertain a trade. I'm sure most GMs would just assume that he wasn't available (or only at a ridiculous price).
    nah? by telling everybody publicly that they are entertaining trading him they sent the message that they no longer want him. they should have privately phoned teams and then if it got out it got out. his contract is up next year, and they won't resign him, and even if they could trade him he could blow it up by demanding a contract extension or walk in FA next year. the leverage is gone.. if the jets call now I say I'll give you a fourth..maybe a 3rd or lose him to FA and get nothing.

What would happen if somebody like the Eagles, or Redskins traded for him? Would you guys be comfortable with facing this guy 2 times a year? Remember when Samuel was a "product of the pat's system" he killed us everytime we met him. Just wondering because I wouldn't want Nicks or Cruz to be locked up on this guy twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    What would happen if somebody like the Eagles, or Redskins traded for him? Would you guys be comfortable with facing this guy 2 times a year? Remember when Samuel was a "product of the pat's system" he killed us everytime we met him. Just wondering because I wouldn't want Nicks or Cruz to be locked up on this guy twice a year.
    Yes, I would feel comfortable. In fact, I'd be happy, as signing him means that they were only able to sign one excellent player as opposed to two or three very good players. I'm sure you freaked out in '11 when Philly went on a FA spending spree. How'd that work out for them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Eli for Tebow and Revis, and we save money! Huzzah!
    These threads came a lot earlier this year than I expected, usually the guys who want to trade our whole draft away don't come around till april it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yes, I would feel comfortable. In fact, I'd be happy, as signing him means that they were only able to sign one excellent player as opposed to two or three very good players. I'm sure you freaked out in '11 when Philly went on a FA spending spree. How'd that work out for them?
    No I didn't, I thought it was foolish and didn't think Asmougah (sp) would fit very well, Jenkins also, and them signing Vick to that contract and Jackson also was funny.

I would be afraid if they traded for Revis though, I think he'd kill us worse than Samuel did. Reese totally blew the play evaluation on that one.

Veteran
    nandi asumawha..... but with a bad knee,, no thx

Quote Originally Posted by LoveRack View Post
    nandi asumawha
    Wow, you "Dahmer"-ed that. Nnamdi Asomugha.