+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Not even the best corner on the Jets afterall!
    What are you talking about?? I know at the moment he is coming off injury but he is the best to do it since he's been in the league. Don't even say that Cro is better then him

Even if the Jet's were to trade Revis. There is no way in hell they would trade him to the Giants. They are dumb but not that dumb.

And by the way, we made the mistake of relying too hard on a CB coming off an ACL last year, and he didn't really cost us anything. Beat it Revis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Even if the Jet's were to trade Revis. There is no way in hell they would trade him to the Giants. They are dumb but not that dumb.

And by the way, we made the mistake of relying too hard on a CB coming off an ACL last year, and he didn't really cost us anything. Beat it Revis!!!
    OK...I certainly don't think the Giants would have any interest in Revis, but putting that aside, why wouldn't they trade him out of the conference? Seems actually smart to me.
    Get well soon 80.

Best move for the Jets would be to trade him for a quarterback. Let's hope they don't work a deal for the Niners back-up.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK...I certainly don't think the Giants would have any interest in Revis, but putting that aside, why wouldn't they trade him out of the conference? Seems actually smart to me.
    I'm sure Revis would be fine with it, too, as he wouldn't need to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Best move for the Jets would be to trade him for a quarterback. Let's hope they don't work a deal for the Niners back-up.
    Alex Smith will be a free agent, you have to think he'll be a target for them. He's nothing amazing but he'd be a clear improvement over Sanchez.

I was thinking Patriots for a package involving Ryan Mallett... Big money for them, though, and the Jets wouldn't want to trade within the division. Still, it'd be a Patriots move.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    No I didn't, I thought it was foolish and didn't think Asmougah (sp) would fit very well, Jenkins also, and them signing Vick to that contract and Jackson also was funny.

I would be afraid if they traded for Revis though, I think he'd kill us worse than Samuel did. Reese totally blew the play evaluation on that one.
    But, he's only one player. A player that wants a 4 year contract with $60m guaranteed. Great, let one of our rivals sign him. Sure, they improved in one area, but they aren't going to be able to improve in several others for it.

Bottom line is that he's only one player.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    What would happen if somebody like the Eagles, or Redskins traded for him? Would you guys be comfortable with facing this guy 2 times a year? Remember when Samuel was a "product of the pat's system" he killed us everytime we met him. Just wondering because I wouldn't want Nicks or Cruz to be locked up on this guy twice a year.
    Fine with me let them trade 5 starters for1 player. Its going to cost 2 High draft picks plus the money he will get u could get 2 very good starters or 3 solid 1's from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I'm sure Revis would be fine with it, too, as he wouldn't need to move.

Alex Smith will be a free agent, you have to think he'll be a target for them. He's nothing amazing but he'd be a clear improvement over Sanchez.

I was thinking Patriots for a package involving Ryan Mallett... Big money for them, though, and the Jets wouldn't want to trade within the division. Still, it'd be a Patriots move.
    Smith still has two more years on his contract. Sanchez and Smith are virtually the same QB. He'd be an improvement, but not by much.

Veteran
    He may be the best CB in football, but he is absolutely toxic. I would not want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes absolutely smart. Just not to the Giants. That would be PR suicide. Trade their best player to big brother? That would be like the Mets trading David Wright to the Yankees. The fans would go bananas.