+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 169 of 169
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You bring up some really good points but the fact so many QBs have flourished under Harbaugh (Luck, Smith, and now Kaepernick) would lead one to believe that the guy is just really good in putting his QB in the best situations for his skillset. Luck was given more freedom with reads and making risky throws at Stanford which really says it all for me. Maybe he was messed up with all of these coordinators but a #1 overall draft pick is supposed to rise above such issues. He would be treated in a better light if he was a later round selection.
    Oh without a doubt being selected #1 brings a lot of pressure, and I can see where you are coming from with Harbaugh putting his players in good situations because the guy may be a jerk off, but he is a hell of a coach. Either way Smith is out the door this off season and I believe that the Jets should kick the tires on Smith since they picked up Marty.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Oh without a doubt being selected #1 brings a lot of pressure, and I can see where you are coming from with Harbaugh putting his players in good situations because the guy may be a jerk off, but he is a hell of a coach. Either way Smith is out the door this off season and I believe that the Jets should kick the tires on Smith since they picked up Marty.
    I am sure that signing Alex Smith will be high on their list of priorities but I doubt that he goes there. I see Alex Smith going to either Arizona or Kansas City. NY Jets will probably sign Mike Vick.

  3. #163
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    ACL injuries effect corners much more than any other position. The strain on your knees when you are a press corner and pure cover guy like Revis is huge. He was certainly great before the injury and a true shut down corner, but its a huge risk to trade a lot of value for him.
    I would see your point if he didn't go down with that knee, but he did. And that changes everything.

    You watch...if they trade him it will be for no more than a 2nd round pick.
    Smith is a little bit better, but not much IMO.

    Sanchez proved he could make big plays when he had a solid supporting cast around him. Let's not forget some of those big plays he made late in games over the 2010 season that were the difference between L's and W's. Key words being: Supporting cast. Look back at the same period when Sanchez was making those plays, Alex Smith had no one protecting him and he looked just as bad as Sanchez did this season.

    I do agree that Smith is better, but I think if you had him under center for the Jets this year instead of Sanchez -- he would have looked almost as bad.

    Game managers are a product of their environment.

  4. #164
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,774
    No
    No one remembers who came in second.

  5. #165
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,960
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    No
    We need to find you some 1 letter answers now
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  6. #166
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,774
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We need to find you some 1 letter answers now
    K
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #167
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,960
    Here's a reason Revis won't be a Giant

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  8. #168
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,960
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    K

    I like a good challenge and thanks for the nice set up RF.
    0 = No
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  9. #169
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,774
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    0 = No
    Duly noted for my future activity here. I am all about getting the job done with no extraneous key strokes...............at least for today lol.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts