+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    well, i did say the giants wouldn't offer the 1st rounder right out of the chute. just saying if it came to that, would you do it? your answer is obviously "no"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If the Jets offered Revis in a trade right now they wouldn't get any more than a 2nd rounder. Maybe less due to the ACL.

Why would we pay 1st rounder for an injured player? Seems like a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If the Jets offered Revis in a trade right now they wouldn't get any more than a 2nd rounder. Maybe less due to the ACL.Why would we pay 1st rounder for an injured player? Seems like a bad move.
    Forget the injury, which is huge. This guy will want a new deal after next year, and it'll be astronomical.

The Giants defense didn't win a superbowl 12 months ago... wow lol.

And you guys are really assuming the Jets would trade the best CB in the NFL for the 19th overall pick, and are complaining if it does happen?

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    The Giants defense didn't win a superbowl 12 months ago... wow lol.And you guys are really assuming the Jets would trade the best CB in the NFL for the 19th overall pick, and are complaining if it does happen?
    The Jets reportedly want to trade him, and a first round pick would be a very generous offer for a player that always wants a new deal and is coming off ACL surgery.

That ACL injury is a concern for any team thinking about trading for him. I know treatment and recovery for ACL's have improved over the years- just look at Adfrian Peterson- but we don't know how bad the tear is and if he can actually recover as good or as fast as Peterson. I would have to package it in a way that doesn't include a 1st rounder. And you know if the Jets were to do a deal with the Giants, they would want JPP somehow included.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    That ACL injury is a concern for any team thinking about trading for him. I know treatment and recovery for ACL's have improved over the years- just look at Adfrian Peterson- but we don't know how bad the tear is and if he can actually recover as good or as fast as Peterson. I would have to package it in a way that doesn't include a 1st rounder. And you know if the Jets were to do a deal with the Giants, they would want JPP somehow included.
    Who wouldn't? Lol

Thought i saw an article or somebody saying that the ACL was the hardest injury to come back from as a Corner Back

Jets are getting rid of him BECAUSE he wants too much money

we have a younger version of revis in prince, dont see the need to trade any picks for him imo

Quote Originally Posted by Drystt View Post
    Why you being such a butthole? Just stated my opinion. Don't like it? Keep scrolling.
    Anyways, what I was suggesting was that it would be a big "sexy" FA pick up which would make the idiots in ESPN be less bias towards this team.
    Screw the media.

However, the big problem is that he's coming off an ACL and has a huge contract... And wants to redo his deal every couple of years so he can maintain being the highest paid player. He's a good player, but on our team he's not worth the contract. Al Davis really ****ed the market with his Nnamdi deal a bunch of years ago.