+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Oddly enough, and a bit off topic, but that's how Reese describes his draft philosophy
    Its certainly true that we used Webby in press coverage in 2011. Not really sure if we did that this season or not. So I'm sure he could fit here if we made some adjustments to our scheme.
    But he's a guy coming off an ACL. He's extremely expensive and has shown that he is willing to hold out to get what he wants.
    Would our defense be better on average with him in it? ....Probably. Is it worth a 1st round pick and all the other potential problems? .... No.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Who does Spags have? Vilma? That defense has nooobody.
    I never suggested we replace Perry with Spags. Id like to do some things Spags does, like send more than 4 guys more than once a game if that. and have our corners closer to WRs instead of giving them 8 to 10 yards to work with almost every play.

So giving up 6000+ yards a season is the new normal now? Give me a break.
    No. We need better players. We need player that can stay on the field.
    Get those two things and our defense will perform quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No. We need better players. We need player that can stay on the field.
    Get those two things and our defense will perform quite well.
    We also need players that care. Some of these guys have decided that since they have two rings they can just coast the rest of their careers. It's one thing to see Corey Toaster get burned due to some nagging injury, but what about Tuck and Osi?

Its certainly true that we used Webby in press coverage in 2011. Not really sure if we did that this season or not. So I'm sure he could fit here if we made some adjustments to our scheme.
    But he's a guy coming off an ACL. He's extremely expensive and has shown that he is willing to hold out to get what he wants.
    Would our defense be better on average with him in it? ....Probably. Is it worth a 1st round pick and all the other potential problems? .... No.
    I don't think Reese would give up a 1st for a player coming off ACL surgery. He usually takes a conservative approach as with Smith and Boss.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-24-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    We also need players that care. Some of these guys have decided that since they have two rings they can just coast the rest of their careers. It's one thing to see Corey Toaster get burned due to some nagging injury, but what about Tuck and Osi?
    Well Osi is essentially gone and I can't imagine that anyone would accuse Tuck of not playing his *** off.
    I don't know if effort is a problem. Maybe it is to some limited extent. But to me the real problem is simply the quality of play on the field.
    We have a lot of ordinary players on defense. Our best player (JPP) is constantly being displaced to playing out of position by Osi on passing downs.
    (I guess that IS coaching). But we just need more playmakers on defense. We have gotten old pretty fast on that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't think Reese would give up a 1st for a player coming off ACL surgery. He's usually takes a conservative approach as with Smith and Boss.
    Of course he won't.
    But it does give us something to talk about.

Well Osi is essentially gone and I can't imagine that anyone would accuse Tuck of not playing his *** off.
    I don't know if effort is a problem. Maybe it is to some limited extent. But to me the real problem is simply the quality of play on the field.
    We have a lot of ordinary players on defense. Our best player (JPP) is constantly being displaced to playing out of position by Osi on passing downs.
    (I guess that IS coaching). But we just need more playmakers on defense. We have gotten old pretty fast on that side of the ball.
    Admitting we have a problem is the first step.

Revis is one of the best CB ever. He abused the likes of Nicks and Dez in 2011. If we don't look into this further i'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Revis is one of the best CB ever. He abused the likes of Nicks and Dez in 2011. If we don't look into this further i'll be disappointed.
    they are over the cap already with 22 FA's they need to lock up JPP,Cruz,Nicks and Beatty at the min there is no way they can afford a 12 Million dollar a year CB. They would also likely have to part with 2 1st round picks

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Coming off knee surgery and never allows his contract to actually be put to bed. He's a bad bet for us.
    No one remembers who came in second.